Trying To Contact Scc Is So Frustrating.

6 hours ago, Bigal1 said:

At least with not being able to get through on the phone you know for certain your complaint will be ignored whereas if you email ,fill in web complaint or contact your Councillor  you are left wondering

I haven’t really found that myself; they do respond within a reasonable time. Unless it was genuinely urgent I don’t phone, it’s too much hassle and doesn’t always gets better response. If it is a serious matter an old fashioned letter can get a better response as someone has mentioned.

Edited by redruby

Same everywhere.  I don't bother with email because it takes 6 months to reply. Just open and paper. 

If you want to get council to see you quicker just get the council to park a van on a grass verge and they write you a letter demanding you pay for them whole streets damage. Then contact Sheffield star with the photo said photo and the council vans on said drive with council skip in for good measure, they pretty much phone you same day. 

that’s what happened to me when the whole street was having new roof repairs. 

i can barely get any running water in my (council) flat 

because my toilet flush won't stop filling - it's taking all the pressure so all other taps, sink, bath, kitchen,  and the shower,  are just a trickle . 

i've tried turning the stop tap off  under the sink but it doesn't do anything 

of course this isn't an emergency for the council and it's booked as a repair next friday morning - 25th . 

i'm supposed to not wash til then ? 

even when describing the problem when i phoned up ,  they didn't REALLY seem to understand.

i thought having running water would be a necessity - a trickle is hardly what i would call running water.

5 hours ago, Dan Smith1 said:

i can barely get any running water in my (council) flat 

because my toilet flush won't stop filling - it's taking all the pressure so all other taps, sink, bath, kitchen,  and the shower,  are just a trickle . 

i've tried turning the stop tap off  under the sink but it doesn't do anything 

of course this isn't an emergency for the council and it's booked as a repair next friday morning - 25th . 

i'm supposed to not wash til then ? 

even when describing the problem when i phoned up ,  they didn't REALLY seem to understand.

i thought having running water would be a necessity - a trickle is hardly what i would call running water.

Can you lift the lid off the cistern? If so, it may simply be a matter of a jammed ball **** which can be easily released.

I work in a school and I've been waiting for someone to ring me back from The Children Missing from Education team for two weeks.  

6 hours ago, max said:

Can you lift the lid off the cistern? If so, it may simply be a matter of a jammed ball **** which can be easily released.

thanks for replying 

yes can lift lid.  no,  no jammed ball

Some staff in the offices seem don't really known  the duties of their department.

I rang them well before the virus, it took 30 minutes to speak to first person, a nice lady. Then, she put through to another department, then another, .....eventually,I was back the lady again. She sounded quite frustrated, said it was the right department she put me through and put me through again .........i ended up coming back to the lady AGAIN.

She give me a email address to contact.

I did received a reply 4 weeks later, and was promised someone will contact me over the phone.

Nothing happened from then on.

16 hours ago, Dan Smith1 said:

thanks for replying 

yes can lift lid.  no,  no jammed ball

I Presume there  is no shut-off line valve adjacent to the cistern?

Spoke to my neighbour this morning. She tried calling a council helpline at 8.30AM. By 9.20AM she was still listening to the music. Pretty much the norm in my experience. Same for Sheffield councillors and MPs. I've called, left messages and emailed both. 

Are we certain they actually exist...?

On 20 September 2020 at 13:27, carosio said:

I Presume there  is no shut-off line valve adjacent to the cistern?

Most toIlets have an isolation valve on the cold feed to the toilet, maybe the o/p should check.