Trying To Contact Scc Is So Frustrating.

As the title says, unless you know exactly who you want to contact then don't bother because if you need to press the number for the other option you get through and a message says not taking calls on this number go to our website. Which is of no use at all because I have contacted the department that an email came to me from and they said the reference number sounds like a SCC reference number and not theirs and to contact SCC which is proving impossible, I even went to Crystal Peaks and the office was closed.

not easy at the best of times,so i fully feel sorry for you as it stands,why cannot they have a couple of phone lines for this type of enquiry

Anybody might get the impression that they don't actually want the public to be able to get in touch...

What are you trying to contact them about?

Have sorted it now rang back to the department I rang earlier and explained everything. I told him the number wasn't taking calls so he put me through to another number which was working where a very helpful lady found what the mail was about.

Glad you got sorted, it's difficult to speak with them at the best of times, same with HMRC at the moment I held for 45 minutes the other week only to get cut off. I wrote to them in the end, I'm fairly patient but that on hold music makes me twitch after a while. 

Do you know how busy they would be if everyone was able to get through this way they can pretend everything is fine and dandy

And by only having a few people to handle enquiries thy can say that their enquire staff are working flat out to answer queries.  Whilst at the same time only actualy having a few documented queries per day all of which have received attention.

Just my personal opinion but I think using the phone to deal with queries is too time consuming and inefficient. There are other means of communication that organisations and customers could be using instead nowadays. In theory a phone line is is good for urgent matters but this doesn’t often happen in practice. 

1 hour ago, redruby said:

Just my personal opinion but I think using the phone to deal with queries is too time consuming and inefficient. There are other means of communication that organisations and customers could be using instead nowadays. In theory a phone line is is good for urgent matters but this doesn’t often happen in practice. 

At least with not being able to get through on the phone you know for certain your complaint will be ignored whereas if you email ,fill in web complaint or contact your Councillor  you are left wondering

If it is no emergency or rush I write a letter to city council. Local post usually gets there within 24 hours also with a second class stamp and council seems to take written concerns more serious.

Edited by dutch

Guest busdriver1

Hang on, just have a think about this. We are talking about a council here. 

What do you expect to get from them? 

Efficiency?

Caring staff?

Accountability?

You need to remember, they know what is good for us and how to do things whilst we lesser mortals are to be suffered only. It is us who get in their way and cause them problems. I feel for these poor souls. I really do.

NOT