Pharmacy Now Charging For Delivering Medication.

11 hours ago, El Cid said:

I think its a good thing to charge, it might encourage people to get more exercise.

I used to collect my prescription from Boots until I was told, in March, I had to shield and was forced to register for online delivery which initially was oversubscribed and resulted in delays and periods where I had no medication. Thankfully I can now ‘get more exercise’ and collect my prescription and avoid gaps in medication but others, whose capacity to exercise is non exist have to rely on home delivery. Your statement demonstrates a lack of understanding and empathy 

8 hours ago, catmiss said:

Your statement demonstrates a lack of understanding and empathy 

I made a short general comment and not a detailed post about every posible person affected.

Edited by El Cid

I have only been out of hospital  3 week and I’m not allowed to leave the house as yet.When I left the hospital I was given 2 weeks supply of medication so I used echo online pharmacy to order my repeat prescription.You just tell them your  GPS surgery what medication u have then they contact your Gp reorder a repeat Prescription which is sent to them electronically they dispense it deliver it free of charge to your address.It only takes a few days for it to  arrive.You only pay the prescription fee if you are not exempt and that’s it.I def would recommend them

of course we now have the online pharmacies, but at least local chemists has a link with the person, dropping the medicines off, etc, now it will be even more inpersonal

Lloyds at Sutherland St have been great, its so sad.

Edited by gamezone07

I am assuming pharmacies make a profit already. Otherwise  they would have been charging years ago for delivering.

I am wondering  what has changed to prompt this  idea.

When government imposed shielding ended Aug 1st the provision of subsidised free delivery (prescription charges still applied) also ended. If pharmacies are continuing a free service they are paying for it 

14 hours ago, El Cid said:

I made a short general comment and not a detailed post about every posible person affected.

That’s the problem with short general comments, you tar everyone with the same brush

Edited by catmiss
Typo

16 hours ago, Janus said:

I am assuming pharmacies make a profit already. Otherwise  they would have been charging years ago for delivering.

My only guess is delivery has had to be ramped up hugely with people shielding etc so perhaps they've hired more staff to deal with it. 

Has anyone tried using the NHS volunteer responders? Whilst not at work I delivered a few prescriptions to housebound people.

17 hours ago, Janus said:

My understanding is that pharmacies are paid for each item dispensed and the home delivery service was part of  the service provided by the  pharmacy itself to people who were unable to collect due to health reasons, 

On 05/09/2020 at 12:26, gamezone07 said:

of course we now have the online pharmacies, but at least local chemists has a link with the person, dropping the medicines off, etc, now it will be even more inpersonal

Lloyds at Sutherland St have been great, its so sad.

I believe the Lloyd's you refer to is at 11 SUNDERLAND Street (off Cemetery Road), Sharrow,

On 06/09/2020 at 12:16, enntee said:

Many started providing free delivery in order to attract customers, to make money on the dispensing fees.

It may have been a "loss leader" in many cases. Now they have the customers ... on goes a charge.

Exactly!  Well said!

Your friendly chemist hooks you in, then charges you.

For customers who collect their own medicines, they've been buttering them up for years and trying to get them to sign up to get their medicines from them as their "named pharmacy".  They are then not as interested in you (you are in their keep net), and they go after others. 

Take a look at Customer Satisfaction Survey results - when they have been shown in the Star over the years I've noticed that chemists next to medical centres usually do worst - they have a ready stream of customers, so don't have to try hard to get customers.

On 04/09/2020 at 11:46, kay1 said:

Just had medication delivered from Lloyds pharmacy and from October they are now making a charge of £60 for 12 months for a single  delivery of medication or £90 for household per year. Just wondering if this is all pharmacies or just Lloyds. 

I get my meds from pharmacy2u. They email when i need to order send, email when they get prescription from docs, email when its sent out. Iv used it for years as im disabled i cant get out in bad weather. I recommend them never had any problems at all. Keep well, keep safe. 

3 hours ago, deej said:

I get my meds from pharmacy2u. They email when i need to order send, email when they get prescription from docs, email when its sent out. Iv used it for years as im disabled i cant get out in bad weather. I recommend them never had any problems at all. Keep well, keep safe. 

I tried Pharmacy to You and they were ok for a while but then decided to increase the packaging on my 2 inhalers so they would no longer fit through the letterbox.  I’d gone with them as getting to the chemist whilst working full time was difficult but retrieving the parcel from PO depot when I wasn’t in to accept it was even more problematic 

Edited by catmiss
Typo