Pharmacy Now Charging For Delivering Medication.

Just had medication delivered from Lloyds pharmacy and from October they are now making a charge of £60 for 12 months for a single  delivery of medication or £90 for household per year. Just wondering if this is all pharmacies or just Lloyds

32 minutes ago, kay1 said:

Just had medication delivered from Lloyds pharmacy and from October they are now making a charge of £60 for 12 months for a single  delivery of medication or £90 for household per year. Just wondering if this is all pharmacies or just Lloyds

My chemist isn’t Lloyds but I have my medication delivered. I will ask next time I go in there.

1 hour ago, kay1 said:

I think its a good thing to charge, it might encourage people to get more exercise.

eh, you do realise that for many disabled and sick people, delivery is their only option,

if they do this, people will join the many online chemist services.

https://www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk/news/lloydspharmacy-charge-new-patients-home-deliveries

yes, they are

Edited by gamezone07

I phoned Lloyds about something else and was told incidentally that there was going to be a £5 per delivery charge from October.  In response to  El Cid -  I would LOVE to get more exercise and not only to get my medication; I am housebound as I expect to be the case for many others who have their regular medication delivered probably for the rest of their lives!

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

I think its a good thing to charge, it might encourage people to get more exercise.

Thanks for your comment, I am unable to get more exercise!! that is the reason I have to have medication delivered along with a lot more elderly and sick and disabled we don't all have family to collect for us

I would change chemist if you can, but once one starts to charge then I think they will all start to do the same eventually.

1 hour ago, kay1 said:

Thanks for your comment, I am unable to get more exercise!! that is the reason I have to have medication delivered along with a lot more elderly and sick and disabled we don't all have family to collect for us

It really was a unsympathetic comment and speaks volumes on how invisible disabled and sick people are, and their needs ignored.

48 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I would change chemist if you can, but once one starts to charge then I think they will all start to do the same eventually.

People will keep changing as that happens

Edited by gamezone07

7 hours ago, kay1 said:

not heard anything

3 hours ago, kay1 said:

Why do you feel the comment was aimed at you, rather than a general comment?

6 hours ago, El Cid said:

I think you jumped in feet first with this one. Might be worth looking at the big picture before posting such comments next time.

There will be those that are lazy, there will also be many that don't have a choice. As usual it's probably the lazy or 'well it's free' ones that have ruined things for the genuine people.

You could try Lloyds Echo on line pharmacy. I tried it and thought it was brilliant. Then unfortunately it went a bit wrong when they kept telling me they hadn't got my prescription but I could see it was actually there on my account. I ended up cancelling it and going back to collecting from the local pharmacy. Saying that I might have just been unlucky. When it works it's a very good service. Co-op do one as well. Hope you get something sorted.