Flu Jab For Winter 20/21

Had both the flu and pneumococcal jabs the other day.

Don't. At least, don't on the same day.

I feel like I've been ten rounds with Ali.

Yes, but, worth it. 4 or 5 years ago had the most terrible bout of flu. Felt under the weather for 6 weeks after. Started having flu jabs and been fine. Have paid for them as not on the list for free ones. Already booked this year's. 

There are changes this year for some.

You will still go through your GP but some will attend a nearby clinic set up just for jabs.

The notice in our Surgery said this would begin in early September

Edited by Annie Bynnol

Due for my free one 23rd of September.

And when there is one for Cov 19 I'll be having that.

God bless the NHS.

2 hours ago, Cazwaz69 said:

Yes, but, worth it. 4 or 5 years ago had the most terrible bout of flu. Felt under the weather for 6 weeks after. Started having flu jabs and been fine. Have paid for them as not on the list for free ones. Already booked this year's. 

Agree totally!

My point was to try and space out the two injections, rather than have both arms out of action at the same time!

2 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Had both the flu and pneumococcal jabs the other day.

Don't. At least, don't on the same day.

I feel like I've been ten rounds with Ali.

Still well worth it.

I had flu at the age of 20 when I was extremely fit and it put me in hospital for Xmas and the New Year.

Didn't start feeling anything like OK until early summer and I'll never forget that.

i agree ,being having these injections for years and booked in for the flu jab from the local chemist soon,save going to the doctors,it may give some discomfort for a bit ,but not months of misery being the other option,i would advise everyone to have the jab.

16 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i agree ,being having these injections for years and booked in for the flu jab from the local chemist soon,save going to the doctors,it may give some discomfort for a bit ,but not months of misery being the other option,i would advise everyone to have the jab.

You might've been having flu jabs for years, but the pneumococcal job is normally a once-only when you get to 65!

It took me months to get my asthma stabilised after the last time I had flu, so I don't plan on having it again.  I've got my appointment to have my flu jab next week and I'll have it even though I will have to coordinate it carefully around one of my injected medications which suppresses immune response.

2 hours ago, medusa said:

It took me months to get my asthma stabilised after the last time I had flu, so I don't plan on having it again.  I've got my appointment to have my flu jab next week and I'll have it even though I will have to coordinate it carefully around one of my injected medications which suppresses immune response.

I feel for you.

Asthma and flu... a real nasty combo.

Yes, these folk who have a couple of days off work with "flu" are having themselves on.  What was the old description... if you saw a £20 note on the floor, you'd pick it up if you had a cold. If you had flu, you'd not have the strength or inclination... (Something along those lines, anyway!)

I hope you manage to get sorted without any complications.

57 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

I feel for you.

Asthma and flu... a real nasty combo.

Yes, these folk who have a couple of days off work with "flu" are having themselves on.  What was the old description... if you saw a £20 note on the floor, you'd pick it up if you had a cold. If you had flu, you'd not have the strength or inclination... (Something along those lines, anyway!)

I hope you manage to get sorted without any complications.

Agreed - I had flu in December, possibly for the first time in about 30 years and it floored me. People in work who have a day or 2 off with a "touch of flu" have had a cold. Simple.

14 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Due for my free one 23rd of September.

And when there is one for Cov 19 I'll be having that.

God bless the NHS.

I have my appointment on September 19th, always have my free yearly flu jab as I have COPD. I got flu in 1981 which resulted in pneumonia and a hospital admission and wouldn’t want that again