The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Have You Ever Met Anyone Famous ?

I met Paul McCartney while he was having a coffee with his band “ Wings” at Sheffield University. I served him a coffee when I had a part time job there.

Duchess of York (sent me a signed photo)  Lord Snowdon (invited me to the National Gallery)  John Mills,  Nigel Mansell,   David Puttnam, 

Spike Milligan,  Trevor Bayliss,  Michael Brandon,  Stephanie Powers,  Mel B,  Geri Halliwell,  Alan Sillitoe

Some at book signings,  some at Literary lunches  (Lord Snowdon & John Mills)

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Duchess of York (sent me a signed photo)  Lord Snowdon (invited me to the National Gallery)  John Mills,  Nigel Mansell,   David Puttnam, 

Spike Milligan,  Trevor Bayliss,  Michael Brandon,  Stephanie Powers,  Mel B,  Geri Halliwell,  Alan Sillitoe

Some at book signings,  some at Literary lunches  (Lord Snowdon & John Mills)

Wow ! You put me to shame Cressy !

I think I saw a signed photo of George Clooney on famous autographs!

22 minutes ago, Rollypolly said:

Ronnie Hilton

Julie Felix

Joe Cocker

I was once at a dance at The Locarno. Ronnie Hilton had been on the stage singing and came onto the dance floor to sign autographs afterwards . I walked past him and he tried to catch my eye, but I knew he was married so didn’t respond.

7 hours ago, pattricia said:

I was once at a dance at The Locarno. Ronnie Hilton had been on the stage singing and came onto the dance floor to sign autographs afterwards . I walked past him and he tried to catch my eye, but I knew he was married so didn’t respond.

Good for you,  takes a strong-minded woman not to have her head turned by a celebrity

Marti Caine when she had the cafe on Bellhouse Road used to make me what she called a 'pink fluff'

Met Lynne Perrie once (Ivy) from Corrie

When embassy used to sponsor the snooker world championship I had to chauffeur players and anyone associated with wpbsa around.  Even got to play a few professional players 

4 hours ago, rudds1 said:

When embassy used to sponsor the snooker world championship I had to chauffeur players and anyone associated with wpbsa around.  Even got to play a few professional players 

I once met Len Ganley

In 1993 - or maybe '94 - I went holiday to Barbados with a friend from work and stayed with her family who lived in Speightstown.  All the tourists would bake themselves lobster-red on the beach all day, but the local residents would come out for a dip in the sea when the sun was going down and all the tourists had gone in.  During these twilight swims I got nattering to a couple of very old, obviously very wealthy American ladies, who would come out of their posh beach-side villa and bathe in the sea for a while. It was only after I'd been chatting away to them for several days that I found out that I'd been talking to Claudette Colbert - a huge Hollywood movie star from the 1930's/40's  - and her partner, who she'd been in a relationship with for many years. I just thought of them as a nice old gay couple and I was gobsmacked when I found out I'd been gossiping for days with an old Hollywood movie legend.  

On 03/09/2020 at 17:27, rudds1 said:

I was (Steady) Eddie Charlton's Window cleaner when he stayed in Sheff .