Parking Conditions Of Use - No Mobile Ticket Included

Quick query. Received a PCN (fair do's, i logged the wrong car on the website today to pay for so ive paid for a day's parking that i never used and got a ticket for the car i did) and in the photo evidence it shows the conditions of use. You can receive a ticket for 

"Parking without displaying a valid permit or pay and display ticket" 

Now i'm not trying to get out of paying the PCN, I messed up, my problem to pay BUT the key word on the conditions is "Displaying". If you pay by mobile then you cannot display a ticket but you can park properly.

Should the conditions of use be amended to show this?

17 hours ago, sheffbag said:

Quick query. Received a PCN (fair do's, i logged the wrong car on the website today to pay for so ive paid for a day's parking that i never used and got a ticket for the car i did) and in the photo evidence it shows the conditions of use. You can receive a ticket for 

"Parking without displaying a valid permit or pay and display ticket" 

Now i'm not trying to get out of paying the PCN, I messed up, my problem to pay BUT the key word on the conditions is "Displaying". If you pay by mobile then you cannot display a ticket but you can park properly.

Should the conditions of use be amended to show this?

If you pay using the online / app system, your number plate essentially becomes a Ticket or Permit  as that’s what they scan to check whether you have a valid, paid for session. 

Its probably worth putting in a challenge to the penalty explaining your error.  It costs nothing ( and you can still pay the reduced amount if unsuccessful) and they may let you off. They sometimes do that on the first occasion when someone claims they made an error. Worth a try ( do it even if you have paid the PCN, they sometimes refund if there’s a genuine case) 

On 02/09/2020 at 09:53, Planner1 said:

If you pay using the online / app system, your number plate essentially becomes a Ticket or Permit  as that’s what they scan to check whether you have a valid, paid for session. 

Its probably worth putting in a challenge to the penalty explaining your error.  It costs nothing ( and you can still pay the reduced amount if unsuccessful) and they may let you off. They sometimes do that on the first occasion when someone claims they made an error. Worth a try ( do it even if you have paid the PCN, they sometimes refund if there’s a genuine case) 

I suspect that might depend on whether the P in PCN is for Penalty or Parking. 😉
Might be worth visiting Pepipoo or MSE and having a read of the appropriate board.