Supermarket Sweep. New Version.

On 08/09/2020 at 09:31, Arnold_Lane said:

I'm not sure why the show was brought back.  Does the world really need Supermarket Sweep?

However, having now watched one, I think Rylan is a good substitute for Dale Winton.  I guess viewing figures will decide its fate.

It looks like they already have. It is now on its second series and got promoted from the back end of ITV2 straight into the day time slots on mainstream  ITV1.

It's always be a load of camp silly nonsense and a win-win for the broadcaster.  They know  they will have a guaranteed captive  number of a certain type of viewer and with the bonus of a easy sponsorship from whichever supermarket is prepared to pay the highest fee.  I bet that sponsor will not only pay to get their name on the programme but probably will furnish half of ITVs studio set for them too.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Surprised the show didn't go to Julian Clary,he is really cringeworthy.

When this show couldn't get any worse, the so called celebs have hijacked it,  they can have it as far as I'm concearned,  just looked at the list for who's on it, my god! A bunch of skint hasbeens and neverbeens are on it,  I'm watchin ER instead,  because my favourite actor is on it.  :hihi:

You still watching it then despite all your moans about it.   Is the off button on your TV broken or something?

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

You still watching it then despite all your moans about it.   Is the off button on your TV broken or something?

I have never watched this rubbish especially someone looking  like  Beelzebub and kids shouldn't be allowed to watch it either, the Celeb version was advertised in the ad breaks, so it'll be even worse with the Z listers on it. Goin to Asda or Aldi does my nut in so the last thing I want to do,  is watch a supermarket on my telly.  :rant: