Back Trouble - Anywhere Do Scans?

After months of back trouble and nothing working, I'm wondering if there is anywhere where I can pay to get my back scanned to see if I've damaged it? (x-ray or whatever)

3 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

After months of back trouble and nothing working, I'm wondering if there is anywhere where I can pay to get my back scanned to see if I've damaged it? (x-ray or whatever)

Go to talk to your GP again as it could be so many things. It could be something internally pressing on your spine, you need to get it checked out. 

You could pay for a private visit to a chiropractor. I paid £50 for an emergency session when I pulled something  in my back about twelve years ago. I went in hardly able to walk, couldn't drive and came out much better.  Hope you get sorted soon. 

27 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

Go to talk to your GP again as it could be so many things. It could be something internally pressing on your spine, you need to get it checked out. 

You could pay for a private visit to a chiropractor. I paid £50 for an emergency session when I pulled something  in my back about twelve years ago. I went in hardly able to walk, couldn't drive and came out much better.  Hope you get sorted soon. 

Hi, I've already done both. And no better.

Sadly back pain can be a long and slow recovery.

Of course the treatment depends on the issue and would not do anything without taking professional advice as it could make it worse but for me a foam roller worked wonders.

Took me about 5 years but mine eventually went was difficult to know what worked because pain would come and go but eventually put it down to stretching and the roller physio said it was a compressed nerve  rather than anything to do with bones or discs.

Thanks for the responses. I'm still looking at options.

What started out as an old injury that won't get better this time, has got worse, with a new pain.

Google The Mackenzie method.

His book helped me get my life back.

After sudden onset lower back pain, it took about 18 months of physio before I was referred for a scan. This was actually by the physiotherapy service rather than my GP. The scan showed a prolapsed disc pressing on a nerve and I was told that no amount of physio would change this.  I saw a neurosurgeon shortly after this and an operation was arranged at the Claremont (on the NHS). 7 months later and I now have minimal pain and much greater mobility.

If physio does not work, insist on a scan. Operations won’t work for everyone but it certainly did for me.