Have You Ever Told A Lie About Anything ?

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

Check the weather forecast, if it's windy, no.

Ha..ha...ha............So funny !

In around 1990 I wanted to get back into work after many years off caring for family. This was very daunting due my age, lack of relevant qualifications (no office computers when I last worked) so much time off etc.

At that time the Jobcentre put vacancies written on cards on the walls for you to browse

I spotted a job I knew I could do given the chance and copied the details.

Here's my confession:

When I got home I rang the Company and asked to speak to Personnel. I said “Hello, I'm Sally from the Jobcentre just a quick call to see if you've filled the Admin vacancy”.

Not yet he said, no luck at all.

I've got a good candidate for you”, I said “but she's very nervous about applying because she's not worked outside the home x numbers of years and thinks you might be looking for someone younger.” I listed some of my skills and experiences and waited for his response.

Sounds perfect. Send her up soon as possible.” he said.

I didn't follow this up but it gave me the confidence to start applying for jobs and it wasn't long before I was in work.

Apologies to the Personnel Manager and Sally at the Jobcentre, if there is one.

Only real lie I ever told was at a Pub in Cleethorpes when I was at College, Bar staff asked me if I was legal to buy half a Lager, I told a lie and said I was just turned 18, in actual fact I was about 17 and half *quivers*

Was complemented on my bust while dancing, but they didn’t know I had stuffed nylon stockings down my bra to make them look bigger!

Think you like telling fibs, Pat.

When giving male patients bed baths while a student nurse, I pulled the bed clothes  off this man to see that his private parts were standing proud. I threw a cold wet flannel over it, quickly moving on to the next bed saying “ It’s ok , I didn’t see anything ! “ I lied of course !