Buy To Let Info

This is probably a topic for mr Jeffery archer but open to any help.

i have 2 buy to lets with another purchase planned next year, eventually I’d like a small portfolio as a pension. 

Would it be possible to somehow move the properties into a LTD company (with me as director, I also on the current mortgage obviously) with the name on the mortgage or deeds not changing without having to pay capital gains tax, stamp duty or such things similar to that ? 

just think going forward it’ll be easier to have them under a company umbrella. 

thanks 

1 hour ago, Snakey_B said:

This is probably a topic for mr Jeffery archer but open to any help.

i have 2 buy to lets with another purchase planned next year, eventually I’d like a small portfolio as a pension. 

Would it be possible to somehow move the properties into a LTD company (with me as director, I also on the current mortgage obviously) with the name on the mortgage or deeds not changing without having to pay capital gains tax, stamp duty or such things similar to that ? 

just think going forward it’ll be easier to have them under a company umbrella. 

thanks 

Yes you can but you would have to sell them to the company, you need to speak to an accountant 

Hi, 

Yes - you can do that, however bear in mind that stamp duty will have to be paid again.

Regards, 

On 27/08/2020 at 07:53, Eve83 said:

Hi, 

Yes - you can do that, however bear in mind that stamp duty will have to be paid again.

Regards, 

Yes, although make that a reference to Stamp Duty Land Tax instead- not the same thing.

No Stamp Duty will be payable unless there is a purchase of the Company's shares.

I was advised I'd have to sell to the company and pay stamp duty again so left them