Jump to content
The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Aaron Ramsdale

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Reported as £18.5 million signing, after Berge and McBurnie doesn't feel real this. I suppose that's the sea the Blades are swimming in now

Edited by Ridgewalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We might be needing him? 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12446450/man-utd-dean-henderson-bruno-fernandes-contract/amp/#aoh=15978691070744&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

 

A mate has told me that on Twitter, The Sun are so stating the Henderson has said an "Emotional goodbye to Blades fans."  Although I've also read on the BBC pages that the Blades are negotiating another season for Henderson.  So you takes your choice of which story you want to believe? 

 

If it's true that Henderson has had a salary increase, then we'll have to contribute a bit more to his salary but I think we can afford it & it would be worth it to have him for at least another season but somewhere down the line, we need our own keeper. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henderson said he wouldn't sign another contract at ManU without assurances that he was going to be their No1, but I guess silly money contracts make the rules. Unless he goes out on loan again to somebody who can afford those kinds of wages, he'll warm the bench I expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Vasquez Rich said:

Henderson said he wouldn't sign another contract at ManU without assurances that he was going to be their No1, but I guess silly money contracts make the rules. Unless he goes out on loan again to somebody who can afford those kinds of wages, he'll warm the bench I expect.

Presumably, unless there's some other agreement, if Henderson does stay at the Lane, we'll be expected to pay half?  £50,000 a week. 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henderson’s not staying at United, hes released a ‘goodbye’ statement today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Sheffield United for the last two years.

"Winning promotion to the Premier League with my brothers and having the season we had this season is something I will never forget.

"I would like to thank the manager, my team-mates, the backroom staff and of course, the fans, who have been unbelievable towards me.

"I will look back at the last two years as an important chapter in my career and more than anything, I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to learn and develop with such a class group of lads."

 

He put this out on social media but I’ve copied it from....

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53840776

Edited by nikki-red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Sheffield United for the last two years.

"Winning promotion to the Premier League with my brothers and having the season we had this season is something I will never forget.

"I would like to thank the manager, my team-mates, the backroom staff and of course, the fans, who have been unbelievable towards me.

"I will look back at the last two years as an important chapter in my career and more than anything, I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to learn and develop with such a class group of lads."

 

He put this out on social media but I’ve copied it from....

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53840776

He'll definitely be missed.  He kept us in with a shout in games with important saves on more occasions than I care to remember while making few & far mistakes.  We knew this day would come around & at least he's gone back to his parent club rather than be sold from under us to the likes of Chelsea.  Good luck to him. 

 

Be interesting to see if Ramsdale gets the nod from the start of next season?  Think we still retain a good defence & defensive midfield players to keep the goals against tally down, whoever is in the net.  My concern is more the overall lack of firepower up front. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Chris Wilder we trust!

 

Brilliant dealing with the situation - wanting Henderson back, yet not just sitting still and hoping he comes back.  Getting a very useful and experienced goalkeeper in Wes Fodderingham - well capable of being a #1, yet willing to be a #2, and at a decent salary.  Then looking at other keepers in case Henderson was not coming back, and jumping in and signing one of the PL's top keepers of last season for a very reasonable fee on a good long term contract.  Brilliant piece on business.

 

We were told that if Henderson was coming back, that we would have to pay most of his £100K wages, for a keeper we would not own. 

 

Instead, we have our own keeper, who we already know well, and who could also go on to play for the full England side (he's already figured for the under 18's, 19's, 20's, 21's), and who we got relatively cheaply as there was an add-on clause when we let him go to Bournemouth in the first place.

 

We have more irons in the fire for back-up positions, I also expect a big money striker, and other additions  to replace a few regulars who may be tempted away.

 

September 12th isn't far away, so I expect more moves shortly.

 

Thanks Hendo for all you have done for us and good luck in the future. Welcome back Aaron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So that means we currently have Ramsdale, Moore, Verrips and Fotheringham on the books, plus Eastwood who is out on loan.

 

I think we have enough cover! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand we've not been fully paid for Brooks transfer to Bournemouth.

 

There'll be a sell-on clause that we will benefit from with regard to Ramsdale being sold by Bournemouth (that one's a strange one)

 

And if Brooks gets sold for an apparent £40million we may be in line for a 25% sell on clause.

 

These all help toward the £18.5 million fee.

 

Good keeper. Good business. Well done Blades.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

I understand we've not been fully paid for Brooks transfer to Bournemouth.

 

There'll be a sell-on clause that we will benefit from with regard to Ramsdale being sold by Bournemouth (that one's a strange one)

 

And if Brooks gets sold for an apparent £40million we may be in line for a 25% sell on clause.

 

These all help toward the £18.5 million fee.

 

Good keeper. Good business. Well done Blades.  

It was reported that the sell-on for Ramsdale was 15%, although that may mean they valued him at £20M and the fee was £18.5M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vasquez Rich said:

It was reported that the sell-on for Ramsdale was 15%, although that may mean they valued him at £20M and the fee was £18.5M.

No, they must have valued him at £21,764,705.89p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.