South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

19 hours ago, Resident said:

I see Jarvis gurning in the press again about securing 23 new electric buses for South Yorkshire. 

Then gifting them all to Stagecoach to use on just 2 specific routes

Wonder how fat the brown envelope was from Mr Stagecoach...

They will be Very Happy the new German Owners will be very happy Stagecoach is been Sold to a German Bank

It is expected to happen the Owners seem desprate to get rid after the fail of the Nat Express Deal, The Stagecoach/Nat X deal was going to be Worth 1 billion+ this deal with the Germans only worth £500 Million, its smells of get rid at any cost

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/national/2022/march/proposed-sale-of-stagecoach

Edited by driver151

Guest busdriver1
9 hours ago, driver151 said:

They will be Very Happy the new German Owners will be very happy Stagecoach is been Sold to a German Bank

It is expected to happen the Owners seem desprate to get rid after the fail of the Nat Express Deal, The Stagecoach/Nat X deal was going to be Worth 1 billion+ this deal with the Germans only worth £500 Million, its smells of get rid at any cost

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/national/2022/march/proposed-sale-of-stagecoach

Have a good look at the actual new owners and you will see why this is a "good deal" 

A ploy and no more.

14 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Have a good look at the actual new owners and you will see why this is a "good deal" 

A ploy and no more.

i really hope so cuz we are being told diffrent and i am on the inside, so we are not 100% happy with this deal, we had a message saying that staff numbers maybe affcted or maybe asked to relocate,

45 minutes ago, driver151 said:

i really hope so cuz we are being told diffrent and i am on the inside, so we are not 100% happy with this deal, we had a message saying that staff numbers maybe affcted or maybe asked to relocate,

This has not gone through yet and National Express still seem interested.

Brian Souter and his sister have decided to cash out and sell any new owner is likely to make changes

To be frank any takeover/merger or whatever will have the potential for staff cuts and depot closures. I would be very surprised if the messages you have had to date are based on fact and that your jobs are at risk but are simple speculation/scare stories probably from the Union(s)

26 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

This has not gone through yet and National Express still seem interested.

Brian Souter and his sister have decided to cash out and sell any new owner is likely to make changes

To be frank any takeover/merger or whatever will have the potential for staff cuts and depot closures. I would be very surprised if the messages you have had to date are based on fact and that your jobs are at risk but are simple speculation/scare stories probably from the Union(s)

they have already confirmed to us the Nat X deal has gone and stagecoach are not interested now, deal with Germans is just waiting the signature, thats all we all had a letter regarding our shares and that we dont have a option and that stagecoach will be pulled off the Stock market,

I understand that there will be changes always will be, but its us a the bottom that suffer not the fat cats at the top same everywhere i suppose, But this is another British Company going abroad means more British tax payers money going to a non British company 

7 minutes ago, driver151 said:

they have already confirmed to us the Nat X deal has gone and stagecoach are not interested now, deal with Germans is just waiting the signature, thats all we all had a letter regarding our shares and that we dont have a option and that stagecoach will be pulled off the Stock market,

I understand that there will be changes always will be, but its us a the bottom that suffer not the fat cats at the top same everywhere i suppose, But this is another British Company going abroad means more British tax payers money going to a non British company 

If you have shares you can vote against the proposal

Like I said Nat Express remain interested even though Stagecoach are not

Guest busdriver1
3 hours ago, driver151 said:

The deal has gone through and includes a guarantee that Anne Gloag WILL sell her shares to them. So far they have made the predictable sounds about potential for expansion globally and investment in Low & Zero emissions vehicles. A point that is a bit moot since they are legally obliged to do so.

As for the Global expansion - expect to see Brian Souter selling them his privately owned operations like New Zealand and Australia. 

Have you checked yet to see who was instrumental in setting up the group that is doing all this? 

If you look behind the whitewash you will see the names of Souter and Gloag.

Smell something? I can.

23 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

we dont get a choice, we have been throught it all (with union, lawyers the lot) the shares have a agreed price that was agreed by the owners and has already been signed off, we just been told they will be paid to us and thats final,

On 01/04/2022 at 12:11, BigAl1 said:

No vote, got to accept what price they are offering now. I sold my shares a while ago so doesn't effect me at least.

As for Nat ex I'm not ruling them out yet, I do wonder if it's a ploy to get more money but from what we've been told it's a done deal as good as.

Whoever owns Stagecoach, First etc won't make a difference on the quality of service in Sheffield though. There will never be a bus service that pleases everyone, wether that's prices or routes. Nationalising it wouldn't make much difference either.

wow what a sad indictment of our mayor the PTE and the council that South Yorkshire was not awarded any funding for the buses

7 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I'm surprised there has never been a bus running to Rivelin Park, even if just to Hillsborough terminal. It could run from the car park, up Walkley Bank Road & Morley Street. There are a lot of houses on those roads but no bus service running close by, & it's hilly too. Plus, Rivelin is a popular tourist attraction, especially in the summer with the paddling pool.

There was, the 64 that was withdrawn around 10yrs back? Been plenty of services over the years and all have failed to attract any passengers, so have been a waste of time.

3 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

wow what a sad indictment of our mayor the PTE and the council that South Yorkshire was not awarded any funding for the buses

Care to,elaborate? What funding?