New Scanner

Hi  After a bit of advice please.  We have a HP Scanner/copier/printer.  All  worked well until we had to have our computer repaired.  Now the computer doesn't recognise  the scanner.  The copier and printer work fine.  We were thinking of getting a new scanner (just a scanner) but wondered if the computer wouldn't recognise it with there being one already on it, albeit it doesnt  work  I would be mot obliged on some help  Thank you

Have you tried removing everything connected with the printer then reinstalling the software ?

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

Have you tried removing everything connected with the printer then reinstalling the software ?

Hi Wallace we have done all that,  apart from throwing it through the window  I don't know what else to do

Ok I thought it maybe a driver problem it’s a weird one.

How is the HP connected to the computer?

USB/wireless network/wired network.

What exactly on the computer was repaired? Or was the computer simply upgraded?

On 17/08/2020 at 20:17, IT-Smith said:

How is the HP connected to the computer?

USB/wireless network/wired network.

Hi  We have tried both  Left it on wifi for a while transferred to wired and still no scanner

On 17/08/2020 at 21:15, apelike said:

What exactly on the computer was repaired? Or was the computer simply upgraded?

I can't remember exactly but it was just a small repair i think 

Does the scanner work when used directly from the copier rather than via the computer?

Have you tried using an alternative device such as a smartphone or tablet for scanning?

Try removing all the software and drivers first. Then re-attach - what OS? Windows 8 or 10? See if Windows picks up the drivers. As far as I am aware the fact that you have one scanner albeit part of a three-in-one device it should not stop you from attaching a second scanner. If your PC is powerful enough I would opt for a Canon scanner such as the 1200 LiDE but you would need to install the Windows 8 drivers for it to work under Windows 10 (based on what IT at work informed me when they installed some new scanners in our section - Why Canon? No need for separate power supply and on time is quicker than a mains powered scanner - shame they don't make the LiDE 700F any more.