Moving To Manchester , Which Place Is Good ?

Hi I’m moving to Manchester with my 2 little kids. The job would based in the city centre. So I’m looking for somewhere, and thinking of Eccles, Bury, Didsbury.... 

actually I like Sale because of the good schools nearby, but the rent is higher. 

and my second choice is Eccles, could anyone give me some advices. 

thank you very much. 

Sale Altrincham, Didsbury, Timperley can't go wrong.

Depends if you're buying or renting, property is dear, can't buy a house under£200k!

When I lived in Manchester I lived in Whalley Range & Prestwich. This was over 20 years ago now, but they were both decent areas & I experienced no difficulties. Good transport links, decent local shops and good local amenities.

Edited by Mister M

If he doesn't want to drive into Manchester then the Metrolink is quick which makes Prestwich favourite of those two,  Sale,  Timperley,  Altrincham and Didsbury  all have access to the Metrolink.

10 hours ago, cressida said:

If he doesn't want to drive into Manchester then the Metrolink is quick which makes Prestwich favourite of those two,  Sale,  Timperley,  Altrincham and Didsbury  all have access to the Metrolink.

Average house price in Altrincham is £487,000

Boothstown and Astley to the west are OK.  No trams but there's a good bus lane and Atherton station isn't too far.

Please don’t think. I’m being discourteous, but have you considered joining the Manchester Forum and asking a similar question ?

If you've watched that Manctopia programme you'll know that property prices have gone through the roof there. Maybe consider living in Stockport instead?

Sharston in Wythenshawe is a good council area, great access for tram, motorway, airport and more affordable. Also just near there is Gatley which is a touch posher but also a touch dearer. Also has a train station into town