We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Click here for details.

Sheffield Council's New Chief Executive.

8 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

Would you prefer that they employ someone who has a track record of leaving their current employment after giving zero notice when something better turns up?

Well don't you think that a 4 month delay is a bit excessive, particularly for what is the most important role in SCC & especially as the salary package is in the region of £200,000, if she is being paid in line with what Mothersole was getting?  For such a salary & important role, I'd be expecting her to start no later than October 1st.

Clearly, SCC are the ones that who have agreed to the delay.  It's to be hoped that they've not stuck her on the payroll yet?  Then again we are talking about SCC, so anything is possible? 

4 hours ago, andyofborg said:

I'm sure the Council did select her from the list of applicants after a thorough selection process. However, Ms Josephs decided to apply for the job and once the offer had been made accept it.

is this fact or speculation that she applied for the job after she had been offered it. Sounds unbelievable . I can believe that she might have been invited to apply by the council but just how do you have a thorough selection process including an interview with people who have not even applied

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Well don't you think that a 4 month delay is a bit excessive, particularly for what is the most important role in SCC & especially as the salary package is in the region of £200,000, if she is being paid in line with what Mothersole was getting?  For such a salary & important role, I'd be expecting her to start no later than October 1st.

Clearly, SCC are the ones that who have agreed to the delay.  It's to be hoped that they've not stuck her on the payroll yet?  Then again we are talking about SCC, so anything is possible? 

3 months notice is very common for senior personnel however one would expect that Mothersole would also have been on such a contract and would have had to have given the council 3 months notice  so the council should have been looking long before he actually left