Sheffield Council's New Chief Executive.

8 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

Would you prefer that they employ someone who has a track record of leaving their current employment after giving zero notice when something better turns up?

Well don't you think that a 4 month delay is a bit excessive, particularly for what is the most important role in SCC & especially as the salary package is in the region of £200,000, if she is being paid in line with what Mothersole was getting?  For such a salary & important role, I'd be expecting her to start no later than October 1st.

Clearly, SCC are the ones that who have agreed to the delay.  It's to be hoped that they've not stuck her on the payroll yet?  Then again we are talking about SCC, so anything is possible? 

4 hours ago, andyofborg said:

I'm sure the Council did select her from the list of applicants after a thorough selection process. However, Ms Josephs decided to apply for the job and once the offer had been made accept it.

is this fact or speculation that she applied for the job after she had been offered it. Sounds unbelievable . I can believe that she might have been invited to apply by the council but just how do you have a thorough selection process including an interview with people who have not even applied

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Well don't you think that a 4 month delay is a bit excessive, particularly for what is the most important role in SCC & especially as the salary package is in the region of £200,000, if she is being paid in line with what Mothersole was getting?  For such a salary & important role, I'd be expecting her to start no later than October 1st.

Clearly, SCC are the ones that who have agreed to the delay.  It's to be hoped that they've not stuck her on the payroll yet?  Then again we are talking about SCC, so anything is possible? 

3 months notice is very common for senior personnel however one would expect that Mothersole would also have been on such a contract and would have had to have given the council 3 months notice  so the council should have been looking long before he actually left

It's been a bit quiet on this front.  Ms Josephs was supposed to be take up her Chief Executive role in January.   I'd have expected, (even with the pandemic), SCC to have put all the bunting out & gone overboard with with the social media coverage if she was in place?   I've not seen or heard a thing?

If she was due to start in January, considering we're at the end of the month, she'd better get a shift on or is she just quietly getting on with the job? 

Edited by Baron99

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

It's been a bit quiet on this front.  Ms Josephs was supposed to be take up her Chief Executive role in January.   I'd have expected, (even with the pandemic), SCC to have put all the bunting out & gone overboard with with the social media coverage if she was in place?   I've not seen or heard a thing?

If she was due to start in January, considering we're at the end of the month, she'd better get a shift on or is she just quietly getting on with the job? 

Judging by a tweet from her on 22nd Jan I'd say she started at the beginning of Jan.

https://twitter.com/katejosephs/status/1352651706979524610?s=20

this is an old thread but thought to post here.

after so many hopes a big dissaointment -  she was also involved in lockdown drinks!!!!

Personally i don't want a leader who organised a drink while we all tried to follow the rules - and was so difficult sometimes!

why tyhey all think that they can just apologise and it will all go back to normal?

On 15/08/2020 at 01:27, Jim Hardie said:

“Cllr Dore said that it was amazing for Kate to have chosen Sheffield, as she is from the region.“ Quite.

Good old Julie Dore . She knew what was good for Sheffield , didnt she .

Well if Ms Joseph's  been in place for a year now, I can't say I've noticed.

What's she been doing to earn her exhorbitant £200,000 salary?

24 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The same as any other local authority Chief Executive who gets paid more than the sitting Prime Minister 

Firstly, I'll nail my colours to the mast.  I'm a Tory supporter & I like Boris but as one who has condemned others on other threads for breaking Covid regulations, I can't but not condemn Johnson & others in charge for breaking the rules, so further on from that matter. 

For the past week of so, the public has been bombarded with calls by politicians from the main parties calling for Johnson to resign & I bet to a man & woman, Sheffield councillors, from all parties, would have being agreement with this demand.

Yet following the revelation that Sheffield's CEO, as apologised for being at one of these parties, breaking COVID regulations, which she herself helped to draw up, when London was in a higher level state than the rest of England, what do we have?   Sheffield Council leader, Terry Fox, basically standing by her, saying we should await the findings of senior civil servant, Sue Gray, into the matter.  Why? 

Ms Josephs, by her own apology has placed herself at the centre of a then illegal gathering.   Whether she is eventually prosecuted for this will be down to the Met Police but she's already admitted her culpability. 

She should resign forthwith & as a council tax payer, I resent my council tax contributing to an individual who has broken the COVID rules that the majority of us abided by. 

Like many in this Covid rule breaking parties scandal, Ms Josephs is only 'sorry' because she's been found out. 

Edited by Baron99

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

I believe she has been organising parties for council staff and their advisers 

8 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Firstly, I'll nail my colours to the mast.  I'm a Tory supporter & I like Boris but as one who has condemned others on other threads for breaking Covid regulations, I can't but not condemn Johnson & others in charge for breaking the rules, so further on from that matter. 

For the past week of so, the public has been bombarded with calls by politicians from the main parties calling for Johnson to resign & I bet to a man & woman, Sheffield councillors, from all parties, would have being agreement with this demand.

Yet following the revelation that Sheffield's CEO, as apologised for being at one of these parties, breaking COVID regulations, which she herself helped to draw up, when London was in a higher level state than the rest of England, what do we have?   Sheffield Council leader, Terry Fox, basically standing by her, saying we should await the findings of senior civil servant, Sue Gray, into the matter.  Why? 

Ms Josephs, by her own apology has placed herself at the centre of a then illegal gathering.   Whether she is eventually prosecuted for this will be down to the Met Police but she's already admitted her culpability. 

She should resign forthwith & as a council tax payer, I resent my council tax contributing to an individual who has broken the COVID rules that the majority of us abided by. 

Like many in this Covid rule breaking parties scandal, Ms Josephs is only 'sorry' because she's been found out. 

It did start of well when she kept on saying she was from Sheffield when she was actually from Doncaster. 

Still - all the same innit?