Teenager In Wheelchair Mugged For Phone Outside Tesco On West Street

Just read the article below about a disabled young woman who was robbed of her mobile phone whilst in her wheelchair outside Tesco on West Street waiting for her carer. What kind of person can do something as low as stealing from a defenceless young woman? It says there is no cctv outside Tesco, hopefully the street cameras will have picked the person up.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teen-wheelchair-mugged-phone-waited-22521569

Edited by iansheff

Sickening,  whoever did that should be ashamed of his/herself,  picking on anyone vulnerable is bad enough but someone in a wheelchair is more of an easy target,  makes me wonder what sort of upbringing people have had that would do such a thing,  shameful

Edited by cressida

Whilst there are definitely scumbags around, remember that vast majority of people are decent human beings.

Within hours of the story breaking, members of the public had raised enough money to get Ella a new phone with the extra money going to charity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-53751672

Edited by whiteowl

Unfortunately the police did not use live rounds so now we will have to pay the cost of keeping him in food and lodging for a few months before he is released to further his antisocial behaviour 

2 hours ago, Bigal1 said:

Unfortunately the police did not use live rounds so now we will have to pay the cost of keeping him in food and lodging for a few months before he is released to further his antisocial behaviour 

I’m a fan f law and order us I’m not sure I’m keen on police executing people in petrol stations for anti social behaviour.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’m a fan f law and order us I’m not sure I’m keen on police executing people in petrol stations for anti social behaviour.

Quite right!  However, back to the victim in the wheelchair being mugged topic, there are plenty of 'would-be thieves' and people committing acts of anti social behaviour on that stretch of West Street daily during all hours.  The lack of proactive policing is the key. If I were a plain clothed police officer, I would have the highest arrest rate on the force working that beat! 

Here’s a security camera image of the guy wanted for the mugging of the young girl.

AAE7613-A-09-B3-4-BAA-A600-A8-AA3-E26-CD

even with limited resources the police should be able to apprehend him now