Sign in to follow this  

Sending To Btinternet.Com Email Addresses Bounce

Hi,

I have been having a problem for a week or so where email don't seem to be getting through to people with btinternet.com email addresses. All the other domains like gmail etc get through. Anyone else experiencing problems with getting through to btinternet.com email addresses?

I'm using an smtp program, outlook and iphone, going through a node4 mail servers thanks. I am having issues and so are my colleagues via their mobiles and home based internet connections, cheers

The mail could bounce because you are sending to a non-existent email address. It is also possible that the receiving mail server is not set up properly. It is also possible that the email is being identified as spam. It is also possible the sending email domain has SPF set up and you are not sending from an email server that is listed on the SPF list. There are probably about 500000 other reasons it could be failing. When you send an email are you getting a bounce reply? What exactly does it say?

Either the target address does not exist / is incorrect or
BTintetnet.com is blocking mails from your specific server for some reason or

Your email server isn't providing the correct/enough information for the target server or
Like said above, there's some other thing preventing delivery or 
There's something else totally unrelated to anything that is beyond any ones control and you will just have to live with it.

Edited by Ghozer

Thanks, SPF record, DKIM, DMARC setup, im getting a dns report organised from redsift.com  free trial which says takes 24 hours.

email address is fine, block lists checked. Authentication checked.

Agreed it can be many thing hence the single question to rule out in the OP

Edited by Be My Bubble

When you query your SMTP server address, then do a reverse-lookup on the IP, does it return the same original address or something different?

I had a similar problem with hotmail addresses - I can’t remember the specifics. Something about a domain name sending emails to too many hotmail addresses and I’d hit a limit and it thought I was spam (I wasn’t). This email address had been sending emails for nearly 18 years so the number would have been quite. Can’t remember the work around so I just reply from a different email address!