Nichols Road, Walkley

On old maps Nichols Rd, Walkley extends up to Bole Hill Road but this part of the road is just a path now.  If anyone has any history details of this road it would be interesting.

A map to show where you mean.

Interesting that the gap in the houses is exactly the same as the road... so it can't have been sold with the land for the new houses on Waller Road

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=19&lat=53.39062&lon=-1.51377&layers=168&b=3

At a guess only, it seems likely it's linked to Nichols Road not being adopted, I wonder if that section simply wasn't used and became overgrown (?)

Edited by *_ash_*
added a thought

50 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

A map to show where you mean.

Interesting that the gap in the houses is exactly the same as the road... so it can't have been sold with the land for the new houses on Waller Road

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=19&lat=53.39062&lon=-1.51377&layers=168&b=3

At a guess only, it seems likely it's linked to Nichols Road not being adopted, I wonder if that section simply wasn't used and became overgrown (?)

Yes, I wondered if it was something like that.  Or possibly it was was formerly used as access to the cemetery? 
I have an Sheffield A-Z map from the early 1990’s and this section of road is still shown on that so perhaps it became overgrown relatively recently?

On 12/08/2020 at 11:02, redruby said:

Yes, I wondered if it was something like that.  Or possibly it was was formerly used as access to the cemetery? 
I have an Sheffield A-Z map from the early 1990’s and this section of road is still shown on that so perhaps it became overgrown relatively recently?

If you are on facebook, it might be worth joining the Sheffield History group. That's quite busy and obviously more specific.