Nasa Joins The Social Justice Movement

1 hour ago, Lockjaw said:

I don't see any references to people claiming offence or demanding anything in the article.

Are you assuming that my post is a response to an article (that I haven’t read), rather than my own general observations and in response to posts people have made this thread, for example #6 “So now the words Eskimo and Siamese are deemed offensive,”?

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Are you assuming that my post is a response to an article (that I haven’t read), rather than my own general observations and in response to posts people have made this thread, for example #6 “So now the words Eskimo and Siamese are deemed offensive,”?

Nope.  No assumptions made by me. 

Seems unusual you didn't read the article, though, since that's what the thread is about.  Perhaps you assumed some of it's content.

31 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

Nope.  No assumptions made by me. 

Seems unusual you didn't read the article, though, since that's what the thread is about.  Perhaps you assumed some of it's content.

Nope. I was just responding to what others said on the thread. Also, relating what I see elsewhere; people seem more and more offended these days, like they expect the world to bend to suit their sensibilities, without much consideration for how such bending may impact on others.

Of course, by relating my observations, I am broadening the scope of the thread (but certainly not in a way that would exclude discussion specifically relating to the OP and linked article). I wasn't aware that it's against forum rules to do so? I could be mistaken of course, my apologies if that's the case.