Parkers Jeweller's Hillsborough

Does anyone know why Parkers Jewellers  is still closed?

I haven't been on Hillsborough since before lockdown but my Husband says its still closed. 

I hope the staff and the owner are OK as I've gone in there years and got to know them well.

There is a sign on the shop window. They are moving to an online store only and will not be re-opening the shop. Anyone who has repairs with them should contact the shop for an appointment to pick it up. They will no longer do repairs.

Edited by Groose

That is a real shame.. can't be many places where your watch is placed in a tray and manually pulled upstairs for repair by the "elves" above on the 1st floor.

Sorry to see it go.

Real shame- they’ve been there as long as I remember and we’re always the go to trusted place for jewellery repairs. The bus queue outside was always a hindrance to perusing the shop windows and access to the wonderful old fashioned shop and service.

I remember it as a child and that's over 70 years ago and they also had a men's wear shop next door I think that closed in the 70s.

Hi, could anyone recommend anywhere else I could take a chain to be mended? I was going to go to parkers this week!  Thanks 

1 hour ago, little miffy said:

Hi, could anyone recommend anywhere else I could take a chain to be mended? I was going to go to parkers this week!  Thanks 

I've used P A Jewellers at Commonside for repairs like that.

I work for Parkers Jewellers and can confirm we will, unfortunately,  no longer be opening the shop for watch and jewellery repairs. However we will remain at the premises and viewings for watch purchases can be made by appointment if you call us in the office on 0114 2343365.

Our little high street jewellery shop has transformed into an online jewellers. To see the watches we have available please visit our website. www.parkersjewellers.co.uk

Thank you for all of your custom over the years.

19 hours ago, Liz Parkers said:

I work for Parkers Jewellers and can confirm we will, unfortunately,  no longer be opening the shop for watch and jewellery repairs. However we will remain at the premises and viewings for watch purchases can be made by appointment if you call us in the office on 0114 2343365.

Our little high street jewellery shop has transformed into an online jewellers. To see the watches we have available please visit our website. www.parkersjewellers.co.uk

Thank you for all of your custom over the years.

Thanks Liz, good luck and best wishes for the future to you and all Parkers staff.  I bought a vintage watch from you a while ago which I'm delighted with - will Parkers still carry out routine future service work on watches they sold?

Thank you Parkers for fantastic service over many years. Good luck with your online venture.