Pea Gravel Bulk Bag, What Is The Appropriate Option?

I was thinking of ordering  a bulk bag-around 1 tonne, of pea gravel from Wicks £42. Then there  is £30 delivery charge making the order £72.

Ron at ASG on Shepcote does free delivery, but told me he cannot get hold of this stuff.

Is there are better way to do things than the Wicks option? I could do with it within the week.

Thanks.

Edited by Janus
Typo

I believe MKM do free delivery over £50.

Their bulk bags of gravel are £47.50 though but you could add something to it?

3 hours ago, nikki-red said:

I believe MKM do free delivery over £50.

Their bulk bags of gravel are £47.50 though but you could add something to it?

That’s what I did.😀

Bulk bags are usually around 850kg, we had around six of them last year. We tend to buy small horticultural grit, around 5mm. By the time you have added delivery and VAT there isn't much in it unless you are after something unusual. We found these reliable. https://www.gravelmaster.co.uk/search?searchphrase=pea+gravel

Hi Chez2,
I'm not sure if I have understood. Are you meaning there is not much difference between a bulk bag of small horticultural  grit & a bulk bag of pea gravel? Or, did you mean something else? Thanks.

Edited by Janus
Typo

19 hours ago, Janus said:

Hi Chez2,
I'm not sure if I have understood. Are you meaning there is not much difference between a bulk bag of small horticultural  grit & a bulk bag of pea gravel? Or, did you mean something else? Thanks.

Hiya. Not much difference in price between different sellers / suppliers once you have added delivery + VAT, not for horticultural grit or pea gravel. 

On 06/08/2020 at 23:19, Pettytom said:

That’s what I did.😀

Me too, after reading this thread, thank you.  Great service from MKM.