When Did You Discover Sheffield Forum?

For me, it was almost a ten years ago. I was randomly Googling about different neighbourhoods we were thinking about moving to and noticed a thread about the Woodseats Bridge. The thread had already been running for four years, but it was getting exciting as they were about to lift the new prefab bridge into place. It was a huge mix of whinging, traffic nerds, engineering expertise, and the usual amount of taking the ****. It was love at first sight.

Highlights

• Bus Man giving advice on how it affected bus routes and posting photos
  • Andy C providing expert commentary
  • Jeffery Shaw saying, when the bridge was halfway completed "Woodseats Road- the unabridged version?"
  • muddycoffee giving regular eyewitness updates

Final status: 21 pages. 5 years, 4 months, 26 days

Geoff and Mods: Thanks for a great forum, long may it wave.

In 2005. My sister who lives in America emailed me to ask if I would join SF. She posted on the Ex Pats thread herself. . I said no. She kept asking until I reluctantly joined. Now I believe I’m the member with the highest post count at over 78,000.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

2006 via peterw

Oh yes, peterw just remembered him. Is he still on sf Cressy ?

Not seen his name on for a few years now,  Plain Talker would know as she knew him well