Walls Lollies

Does anyone remember the name of the old Wall’s lollies that we’re triangle shaped and about eight inches long, and came in a cardboard push up cover. Not Jubbleys, they were much chunkier.

they were great yum yum,better than the small ices of today

1 hour ago, hilp4 said:

Does anyone remember the name of the old Wall’s lollies that we’re triangle shaped and about eight inches long, and came in a cardboard push up cover. Not Jubbleys, they were much chunkier.

Don't recall the name of the lollies but remember that Wall's had salesmen-1950's ?-on bicycles with a big wooden container over the front wheel with a slogan 'Stop Me and Buy One' on the front of the big box, at least in the Shirecliffe area.

Don't know whether they were Walls or not, but the ones we used to buy in the 1940's were called Joysticks.

Edited by Organgrinder
mis-typing

The only one I can think of was Rocket (not sure if that was Walls)

Might be worth a look on Google Images.

On 04/08/2020 at 18:25, St Petre said:

Don't recall the name of the lollies but remember that Wall's had salesmen-1950's ?-on bicycles with a big wooden container over the front wheel with a slogan 'Stop Me and Buy One' on the front of the big box, at least in the Shirecliffe area.

That takes me back 65 years. I was playing with my pals among the rows of pitch pine telegraph poles that were laid out on Olive Grove Road when one of those blokes appeared. We didn’t have any money so the sadist encouraged us to put our hands in the box and touch the dry ice. 
I don’t recommend it, lol.

The only ice cream manufacturer mentioned in the bible.

Walls of Jericho

Joystick.  There was a line in the centre where they could be cut in half if you only had 1d.

2 hours ago, Elmambo said:

Joystick.  There was a line in the centre where they could be cut in half if you only had 1d.

I think you're correct ,  I seem to vaguely remember the  was a centre line on the Joysticks.

I also think it said on the cardboard holder " For children up to 90"

20 hours ago, max said:

The only ice cream manufacturer mentioned in the bible.

Walls of Jericho

first laugh of the day

brilliant

Edited by davyboy

The triangular lollies were called "joysticks" (shaped like a Toblerone) in a cardboard cover, you pushed them up to eat them.

The lollies which had a line down the centre had 2 sticks on the bottom so they could be broken in half if you couldn't afford a whole one.

At Carfield School we could buy the double lollies at lunch time, a whole lolly was 3d, half was 1penny ha'penny!

Regards,

Duffems

does anyone remember glojoy lollies?

They were very popular in south essex and were delicious.

3flavours: banana, chocolate and spearmint.