700 Homes For Attercliffe Waterfront.

4 hours ago, Resident said:

I wonder if they will be built in accordance to various acts including the Housing Act 1985. 

Wasn't the case last week when I went to view a new-build with my sis-in-law. Advertised as a 'spacious' 3-bed. Took a tape measure with us as one of the rooms in the photos looked tiny. 

Yeah. 40.21 sq foot for the smallest room upstairs, the bathroom was larger, well short of the 70sq foot required to be classified as a bedroom. Other rooms weren't exactly 'spacious' either. 

Only less than a fortnight ago (22nd July) The Times was reporting that developers were already exploiting loopholes in  existing rules and building flats the size of sheds and that a quarter of flats built under permitted planing rules did not meet national standards. 

so don’t expect any different in Sheffield.

David has been busy in the area for at least 20 years and knows very well how little the land has been maintained in the Attercliffe area. Clive Betts has been asked to attend to countless meetings with residents and business owners and achieved nothing for decades.

2 hours ago, Be My Bubble said:

David has been busy in the area for at least 20 years and knows very well how little the land has been maintained in the Attercliffe area. Clive Betts has been asked to attend to countless meetings with residents and business owners and achieved nothing for decades.

Another quote from David....."Sheffield green space, particularly the parks are underutilised and are impossible to maintain".....dont know the man, but dislike him already.

On the Wadsley park estate I understand that the council has refused permission to develop the church (Grade 11 )for housing because of the nearby trees. The problem is of course that these trees are not maintained and on the estate more than one has come down so the church sits in overgrown undergrowth falling into disrepair. What you might call a loose loose situation

13 hours ago, Bigal1 said:

On the Wadsley park estate I understand that the council has refused permission to develop the church (Grade 11 )for housing because of the nearby trees. The problem is of course that these trees are not maintained and on the estate more than one has come down so the church sits in overgrown undergrowth falling into disrepair. What you might call a loose loose situation

Councils and locals will get next to no say in new developments when new government proposals come into force.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/05/englands-planning-reforms-will-create-generation-of-slums

At Attercliffe the River Don is below the level of the Canal.

In the unlikely event of excess water in the Canal it will flow into the Don at Effingham Road or through Tinsley Locks and down to Blackburn Meadows where Canal drops to the level of the River Don.

Water is normally pumped up into the actually flows towards the Basin.

Very little Canal water will ever reach Keadby because of the tidal lock at Keady and the New Cut which will take most of the water from Kirk Bramwith to the Aire and Calder Canal and on to Goole docks. The original course of the Don was to neither.

Is this the same David Slater that has a lot of business or land   down that end of Sheffield and would profit favourably from any future residential developments ?
It's not an area I would like to live in especially when the presses are running at night at the steel works, not too far away.

You can almost see the selling point of the place now.... high grade building with waterfront views,  close to entertainment area,   a major shopping centre and the motorway with supermarket trolley art forms cast into the water.

54 minutes ago, darylslinn said:

Is this the same David Slater that has a lot of business or land   down that end of Sheffield and would profit favourably from any future residential developments ?
It's not an area I would like to live in especially when the presses are running at night at the steel works, not too far away.

You can almost see the selling point of the place now.... high grade building with waterfront views,  close to entertainment area,   a major shopping centre and the motorway with supermarket trolley art forms cast into the water.
I can see it know it would be like Venice you could be sat on your garden lounger sipping cold white wine watching the gondolas going by

The canal path will become very busy with pedestrians and cyclists and other people.

I feel sorry for the fisherman who got a fairly quiet spot now.

On 06/08/2020 at 21:26, darylslinn said:

David slater does own a few buildings down Attercliffe but I know others who own much more then him. David Slater is a person who has been pushing for Attercliffe to be developed for a long time as it is a place that has been forgotten by the council and yes he would benefit from any future developments but then why shouldn’t he? The man invested his money in a place that everyone thinks is a dump and not worth investing in so if it gets developed good on him.

i also own a few properties down Attercliffe that I invested in a few years ago and took a gamble so I will also be profiting from any developments in the area.

On 09/08/2020 at 05:53, mafya said:

David slater does own a few buildings down Attercliffe but I know others who own much more then him. David Slater is a person who has been pushing for Attercliffe to be developed for a long time as it is a place that has been forgotten by the council and yes he would benefit from any future developments but then why shouldn’t he? The man invested his money in a place that everyone thinks is a dump and not worth investing in so if it gets developed good on him.

i also own a few properties down Attercliffe that I invested in a few years ago and took a gamble so I will also be profiting from any developments in the area.

On 09/08/2020 at 05:53, mafya said:

Good on you mafya I grew up around the east end it was brilliant everyone got on its prime industrial land and housing why they cleared the slum and then built beautiful houses at catcliffe flood plains remains a poser ?