700 Homes For Attercliffe Waterfront.

Apparently 700 hundred homes are to be built at Attercliffe Waterfront. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/business/star-comment-lets-see-some-more-enthusiasm-ps100m-attercliffe-scheme-2929822?amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Attercliffe Waterfront?  No me neither.  It's land between the city centre & Meadowhall & the project appears to have stalled. 

SCC have a preferred bidder / developer & an announcement was expected around a year ago. 

Edited by Baron99

Attercliffe Waterfront, ha, ha, ha!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sedith said:

Attercliffe Waterfront, ha, ha, ha!!!!!

Yes. Not far from the famous Sheffield dockyard. 

You can probably see the herds of Wildebeest from there or the Hanging Gardens of Babylon? 

Isn't that the area that gets flooded every time we get heavy rain?

700 social houses ????????? at last ,     much needed when so many are homeless or living in  crowded situations .

Edited by Parkside

Sounds like it will be great if it goes ahead.  When I first moved to the North west I lived close to a derelict bit of land by the Leeds Liverpool canal.

Watching "Canal Boat Diaries" on BBC4 last night I was amazed to see there's now a thriving community and marina there.

Marina-Pennington-Wharf-.jpg

2 hours ago, Parkside said:

700 social houses ????????? at last ,     much needed when so many are homeless or living in  crowded situations .

I was pretty sure there was NO social housing as part of the scheme - which was part of the problem...?

Looks like we have goldfish for planners. Building next to rivers a few centuries ago was a good thing, now its the complete reverse. Should be be building anything within a kilometre of a waterway?

8 minutes ago, Be My Bubble said:

Looks like we have goldfish for planners. Building next to rivers a few centuries ago was a good thing, now its the complete reverse. Should be be building anything within a kilometre of a waterway?

The first thing potential property buyers should be checking / asking the developers or SCC is could you guarantee that I could get insurance cover for any flooding issues?

The waterway is the canal, not the river.

26 minutes ago, Hopman said:

The waterway is the canal, not the river.

Canals are a lower flood risk than a river but they can overflow & cause flooding problems.  Insurance companies would want to know how close a property is to a source of water, regardless of the type of water course, to assess whether cover is feasible. 

As far as insurance companies are concerned, the closer you are to water, the more your premiums will be.