Argos Catalogue. Rip.

What a shame. I found it invaluable when reaching for something off the top shelf in my kitchen.

Argos will be the next to go to the wall I think.

They offer nothing that Amazon doesn't but they have the overheads of space in retail stores which is obviously more expensive than out of town industrial estate.

On 01/08/2020 at 11:52, sharpend said:

They offer nothing that Amazon doesn't but they have the overheads of space in retail stores which is obviously more expensive than out of town industrial estate.

Don't believe they'll go to the wall because they've been owned by Sainsbury's for the past 4 years.  However, they still operate in the region of 70+ large, independent stand alone stores like the one on Snig Hill. 

All of these independent stores closed just after lockdown in April this year & I can't see them reopening, not when you can buy from Argos online & pick up from the smaller outlets that have appeared within the larger Sainsbury's stores or have them delivered to your home. 

In the end, why would Sainsbury's want the additional cost of running the stand alone stores?

On 01/08/2020 at 11:52, sharpend said:

I'm not so sure as I have purchased several products from them online and had them delivered as well. Its not really necessary to go to the stores now except to collect.

On 03/08/2020 at 20:03, apelike said:

I'm not so sure as I have purchased several products from them online and had them delivered as well. Its not really necessary to go to the stores now except to collect.

Thats what you get from Amazon isn't it...

On 02/08/2020 at 14:36, Baron99 said:

Don't believe they'll go to the wall because they've been owned by Sainsbury's for the past 4 years.  However, they still operate in the region of 70+ large, independent stand alone stores like the one on Snig Hill. 

All of these independent stores closed just after lockdown in April this year & I can't see them reopening, not when you can buy from Argos online & pick up from the smaller outlets that have appeared within the larger Sainsbury's stores or have them delivered to your home. 

In the end, why would Sainsbury's want the additional cost of running the stand alone stores?

It is unusual times. More important that we support small independent shops...

On 03/08/2020 at 20:03, apelike said:

I’m interested in doing this. Was the delivery within a reasonable time after ordering ?

4 hours ago, pattricia said:

I’m interested in doing this. Was the delivery within a reasonable time after ordering ?

You can pay for a quick next day delivery on some items but in my case it was for a fridge and electric cooker with free delivery, was in stock and was delivered in around 4 days.  You can pick a day and time slot and the driver will phone around half hour before delivery. Can't praise the delivery person enough either as he had to lift them both up 3 flights of stairs and never complained.

Edited by apelike