Jump to content

The Labour Party - Part 2

Vaati

People who get personal with any further attacks in the thread will be suspended. As will any individuals using wording like Smarmer instead of Starmer etc.

Message added by Vaati

Recommended Posts

OK - get you. Me,  I'm a floating  tacticalvoter, because I never believe a word a politician says, but if I don't vote, I can't complain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

A recent poll suggests that about half of Labour voters still wish the UK to rejoin the EU.

That just sums it up. The Referendum result was not to their liking, so they wish to repeat it until they obtain a more favourable outcome. As to policies, who knows? Hence it seems implausible that any Labour Party gains can be expected.

In 2016 63% of Labour voters voted remain, so some have accepted the result of the vote, for now, even though things are not going well.

The impact of the sleaze and jobs for mates is finally getting to voters, as the polls are showing more support for Labour.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

A recent poll suggests that about half of Labour voters still wish the UK to rejoin the EU.

That just sums it up. The Referendum result was not to their liking, so they wish to repeat it until they obtain a more favourable outcome. As to policies, who knows? Hence it seems implausible that any Labour Party gains can be expected.

Are people not allowed to hold political opinions any more?

 

I’d jump at the chance to rejoin the EU. I’ll vote for any party that offers to rejoin the EU.


You might have a different opinion, being a UKIP member, but you don’t get to tell me how to think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry but it's unlikely UKIP will ever get in, even the folk who actually want UK independence aren't daft enough to vote for them to give them enough seats in Parliament to be a credible threat to the main Parties.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Mr Allen
Removing stuff I doubt the Mods would've liked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UKIP don't need to "Get in". Their job/purpose/goal is done, acheived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, sibon said:

Are people not allowed to hold political opinions any more?

 

I’d jump at the chance to rejoin the EU. I’ll vote for any party that offers to rejoin the EU.


You might have a different opinion, being a UKIP member, but you don’t get to tell me how to think.

No, I'm not a UKIP member.

Yes, people are allowed to hold to hold political opinions. Whoever claimed otherwise?

But nobody has yet propounded a positive reason for voting Labour as yet.

And rejoining the EU is not on offer by any Party, esp. as these elections are not for MPs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

No, I'm not a UKIP member.

Yes, people are allowed to hold to hold political opinions. Whoever claimed otherwise?

But nobody has yet propounded a positive reason for voting Labour as yet.

And rejoining the EU is not on offer by any Party, esp. as these elections are not for MPs!

You did stand for them in local elections though I seem to remember, Nether Edge wasn’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2021 at 21:30, Mr Allen said:

Sorry but it's unlikely UKIP will ever get in, even the folk who actually want UK independence aren't daft enough to vote for them to give them enough seats in Parliament to be a credible threat to the main Parties.

 

 

 

 

UKIP ha hahahah

On 03/05/2021 at 11:49, Magneteer said:

UKIP don't need to "Get in". Their job/purpose/goal is done, acheived.

Tell us that when international finance and corporate elites aren't calling the shots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The red flag no longer flys over Hartlepool.

 

It lays on the floor, tattered and trampled by the blue wave that is swamping the red wall.

 

This saddens me, we need an effective opposition. Labour are not that party any more.

 

Time for more infighting, finger pointing and excuses.

 

Is it time they had a new leader?

 

If so who?

 

Maybe they need a female leader, someone with more balls that the current leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See the Momentum lot are out in force (why they are getting any media coverage is beyond me considering they are just a bunch of rag tag members out to break up the Labour party)

 

"Former shadow home secretary Diane Abbott tweeted: "Crushing defeat for Labour in Hartlepool. Not possible to blame Jeremy Corbyn for this result. Labour won the seat twice under his leadership. Keir Starmer must think again about his strategy."

The left-wing Momentum group, which backed Mr Corbyn, said: "Starmer's strategy of isolating the left and replacing meaningful policy with empty buzzwords has comprehensively failed."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57019456

 

Really? Look at 2019. Labour went from 51% of the vote down to 37% and only retained the seat because the Brexit Party took Tory votes. If the Brexit party had stood down and supported the Tories then Labour would have lost Hartlepool then.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, convert said:

Is it time they had a new leader?

 

If so who?

 

Maybe they need a female leader, someone with more balls that the current leader.

I liked Stamer, but he's just not been a credible opposition leader, and he wanted more longer lockdowns.  We knew he's lose the Corbyn left supporters but he was supposed to woo back the centre right to make up for that.

 

The Corbynistas will never get behind him either (or anyone for that matter)  For me it needs to be someone like Alan Johnson, or some of the MPs Momentum chased out of the party.

 

People like to punish parties for their mistakes and leaders.  They had several years in opposition as punishment for Blair, Brown and Miliband.  Now they've got to take their five+ years for Corbyn.

 

The only way for Labour to move forward is to split.  Let Corbyn and Momentum form their own little party and see where it gets them.

Edited by alchresearch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was like taking candy from a baby for the Tories  as a consequence of the  Labour party choosing a remainer as candidate in Hartlepool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.