The Labour Party - Part 2

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

"GET OUT OF MY PUB!" 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-56802020

A pint, a pie & a cheery word. 

If you think that a man getting shouted at and thrown out of a pub is news, then you didn’t grow up in Dinnington in the 1970s. 😀

All the faux fury from the Left about Johnson taking & responding to calls & texts from James Dyson. 

As if the likes of Leonard McCluskey et al don't have Starmer on speed dial & at their beck & call, calling in favours.   Only the naive would believe different. 

Edited by Baron99

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

All the faux fury from the Left about Johnson taking & responding to calls & texts from James Dyson. 

As if the likes of Leonard McCluskey et al don't have Starmer on speed dial & at their beck & call, calling in favours. 

Are you pi**ed up?

Edited by Mister Gee

10 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Are you pi**ed up?

No coherent response then?  As I stated, only the naive would believe otherwise, so we no which line to put you in. 

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

No coherent response then?  As I stated, only the naive would believe otherwise, so we no which line to put you in. 

Say no more.

Edited by Mister Gee

48 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

As if the likes of Leonard McCluskey et al don't have Starmer on speed dial & at their beck & call, calling in favours.   Only the naive would believe different. 

Starmer is in no position to deliver any favours. Johnson is 😎

I think that the ins and outs of the Dyson ventilator are easily excused and explained by the P.M. and probably damages and dilutes the numerous questionable deals done with Tory connections on PPE.

18 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Starmer is in no position to deliver any favours. Johnson is 😎

Surprised we've not had a "but Corbyn..." response yet. That's been the go to deflection tactic for the last year or two.

*Tories do bad*

*Tory apologist - but, but, but Labour/Corbyn/Blair/whatever*

Maybe I'm just strange in the way that I don't give a poo what a party who's not been in power for over a decade would have/could have/should have done, I'm more interested in what the people in power are doing now, and if they are doing a bad job, calling them out on it.

I'd be saying the same things about Labour if the roles were reversed and they were doing the same things by the way.

15 hours ago, whiteowl said:

Surprised we've not had a "but Corbyn..." response yet. That's been the go to deflection tactic for the last year or two.

*Tories do bad*

*Tory apologist - but, but, but Labour/Corbyn/Blair/whatever*

Maybe I'm just strange in the way that I don't give a poo what a party who's not been in power for over a decade would have/could have/should have done, I'm more interested in what the people in power are doing now, and if they are doing a bad job, calling them out on it.

I'd be saying the same things about Labour if the roles were reversed and they were doing the same things by the way.

The example of this that best shows it up as the tactic of the morally devoid is from the USSR straight after the Chernobyl disaster, when state TV started broadcasting programmes about the much less serious incident at Three Mile Island in the US. "Hey! Don't look over here, look over there"

Oh look!  A Welsh  health contract awarded by the devolved Welsh Assembly, (that'll the Labour majority run Welsh Assembly, then?), without it being put out to tender.  Hmmm?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56858994

"At the time of the awarding of the contract, the then-non-executive chairman of Consultant Connect had links with the Labour party.

He was previously a director of a company which "developed the entire online infrastructure for the UK Labour Party. 

He had also been a director of Labour List, a website supportive but independent of the Labour party.   Both Welsh Labour and the Welsh government declined to comment on links between the company and the Labour party."

Now how can we spin the story to blame Matt Hancock again, like last time?    Even though as Health Minister, he has no powers or responsibility for health matters in Wales as the Welsh Assembly has devolved powers for their own health matters?

Talk about Labour cronyism & jobs for mates!

Edited by Baron99

Not a good week for Angela Rayner.

First she has a go at  the Hartlepool by-election Conservative candidate with slurs about living in a tax haven, when it turns out she was in Cayman with her family because her then-husband was a REGULATOR, working on a counter-fraud, anti-corruption, and anti-terrorist financing.

Next she's in Crawley "looking at the great work the Labour council is doing investing £70 million to regenerate the town centre".  Aside from the fact the money came from central government this is the same Crawley council where the Leader called for a motion of no confidence.

And now she's Tweeted:

3 in 4 care workers earn less than the living wage - that is a national disgrace.

Boris Johnson should focus on giving our care workers a pay rise instead of doing dodgy deals for his mates and to do up his flat.

It would be a disgrace if the care workers were employed by the government and not private companies!