Jump to content

The Labour Party - Part 2

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

God help us.

We've been needing God's help for 14 years but he didn't turn up.

 

Only my guess.   If you've got somebody to support,  get shouting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not generally a fan of Owen Jones but I've just read that piece and it fits almost exactly with my thoughts.

That is a proper summing up of what happened,  rather than Starmer's account.

 

Ultimately, neither the politicians or the media will ever manage to force people to think a certain way so they may just as well give it up.

I'm sure that Jones won't be unhappy  -  he doesn't like Starmer and will happy to point out how he's digging holes for himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I'm not generally a fan of Owen Jones but I've just read that piece and it fits almost exactly with my thoughts.

That is a proper summing up of what happened,  rather than Starmer's account.

 

Ultimately, neither the politicians or the media will ever manage to force people to think a certain way so they may just as well give it up.

I'm sure that Jones won't be unhappy  -  he doesn't like Starmer and will happy to point out how he's digging holes for himself.

From the same author regarding Graham Jones, a twitter thread rolled up on Threadreader; also worth a read
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1757509619046314256.html

Edited by peak4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To follow on from my previous post, since I can't edit it, this was recorded several years ago, but seems just as relevant today
The Weaponisation of Labour Antisemitism | David Graeber

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peak4 said:

To follow on from my previous post, since I can't edit it, this was recorded several years ago, but seems just as relevant today

A councillor has been kicked out of the Conservative Party over antisemitic comments, the BBC understands.

The Salisbury Conservative Association said it had received a formal complaint about "offensive and inappropriate comments" by Salisbury mayor Atiqul Hoque on social media and Whatsapp.

 

It does seem to be getting out of hand. Perhaps there is a scale like left/right, whether people support Israel or Palestine?

I must be anti-Israel!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Thanks peak4.  Further proof that Anti-Semitism has most definitely been weaponised against Labour..........................................

 

But now being used again within Labour by some factions within Labour to remove other Labour members; JLM this time.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/feb/14/starmer-councillors-meeting-israel-comments-azhar-ali-rochdale-labour

Remember the Joan Ryan stuff
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/1/12/uk-israel-funding-spin-trips-as-it-smears-critics

 

I wonder how long it will be before some of the more left wing MPs such as Zara Sultana get de-selected before the next election

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

 Anti Semitism around the  World

What do you think has caused this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, El Cid said:

A councillor has been kicked out of the Conservative Party over antisemitic comments, the BBC understands.

The Salisbury Conservative Association said it had received a formal complaint about "offensive and inappropriate comments" by Salisbury mayor Atiqul Hoque on social media and Whatsapp.

 

It does seem to be getting out of hand. Perhaps there is a scale like left/right, whether people support Israel or Palestine?

I must be anti-Israel!

 

It certainly is getting out of hand.   No one seems concerned about  WHY  there is a rise in anti-Semitic comments.

If there is so much dislike or hatred in the world for one group of people,  those people need to look at the reason for it.

If the killing stops,  then I'm sure the comments will die down  -  if not, then they will probably carry on growing.

I am simply anti-killing and wish to see occupying forces out of Palestine.

Whilst the killing carries on,  I feel free to say what I please and I'm glad that others think the same.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Axe said:

Even more shocking in light of the new figures released today that show a big increase in attacks on Jews in the UK.  They showed a Jewish school  in Manchester with security guards outside it to make the children feel safer. 

Yes,  it is shocking and you are quite correct.   All you need to do now,  is try and figure out   WHY!      it shouldn't be too hard  -  I've manged to suss it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, I really hate moderating such nuanced and sensitive subjects like this so let most things go in these types of threads.

 

But, there are lines and saying you are 'heartened by anti-semitism' is one of them and is bordering on a hate crime in itself and won't be allowed.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Cid said:

What do you think has caused this?

Nicki Cambell has been accused on this mornings radio 5 live of being a Lord Haw Haw for the BBC .

He was running a programme that was highlighting the alarming  rise in Anti Semitism in the UK .

 

A listener actually text him saying that he was using his radio show to show support for Israel .

These people who are spreading this hate (inc on this forum)  Must be stopped .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.