The Labour Party - Part 2

Vaati

People who get personal with any further attacks in the thread will be suspended. As will any individuals using wording like Smarmer instead of Starmer etc.

Message added by Vaati

13 hours ago, Anna B said:

Very. I met him in person and was blown away. He has a great sense of humour too. Unfortunately it didn't come across on TV (or it wasn't given the chance to.) He also took the time to meet the people too to talk and debate (affably) with them. How many political leaders do you know who do that?

Interesting, perhaps it’s as simple as him being camera shy. my late mother was a long standing friend of Roy Hattersley and said similar of him. Politics is tough dirty game, you throw your hat into the ring and think yourself lucky if it’s only kicked out.

19 hours ago, Anna B said:

Very. I met him in person and was blown away. He has a great sense of humour too. Unfortunately it didn't come across on TV (or it wasn't given the chance to.) He also took the time to meet the people too to talk and debate (affably) with them. How many political leaders do you know who do that?

Didn't Blair walk into Downing Street when he won in 1997 so he could meet and talk to the people?  And he was constantly on chat shows for the first few years he was PM.

7 hours ago, crookesey said:

Interesting, perhaps it’s as simple as him being camera shy. my late mother was a long standing friend of Roy Hattersley and said similar of him. Politics is tough dirty game, you throw your hat into the ring and think yourself lucky if it’s only kicked out.

Roy Hattersley's mother was an exceptional woman and her history is very interesting.

4 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Didn't Blair walk into Downing Street when he won in 1997 so he could meet and talk to the people?  And he was constantly on chat shows for the first few years he was PM.

Yeah, he'd sport a down-to-earth cockney accent for them chat shows too.  What a Man of the People, eh?

I'm hearing about a Chines spy in Parliament. Barry Gardiner's name is being bandied about.

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I'm hearing about a Chines spy in Parliament. Barry Gardiner's name is being bandied about.

I'm hearing about a dead cat being flung on the table.

Not going to work though.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

I'm hearing about a dead cat being flung on the table.

Not going to work though.

Too many links to Tory MPs and Gardiner's been liaising with the security services too long for it to work as a stick to beat the Labour Party with.

57 minutes ago, altus said:

Too many links to Tory MPs and Gardiner's been liaising with the security services too long for it to work as a stick to beat the Labour Party with.

I'll sleep a lot easier tonight knowing Barry Gardiner is on the case.

2 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I'll sleep a lot easier tonight knowing Barry Gardiner is on the case.

He has received £500,000 from her and employed her son in his office . 

Who can the working people trust when we have so called Labour politicians like this .

18 hours ago, cuttsie said:

He has received £500,000 from her and employed her son in his office . 

Who can the working people trust when we have so called Labour politicians like this .

Under David Cameron the Chineese were going to help us build a newclear power station.

But I agree with your point, MPs and political partys should not be receiving money that is meant to influence their thinking.