The Labour Party - Part 2

Didn't you get the memo? Nobody MP has time to do anything else apart from being an MP. 

Unless the other things are union work, doctoring, nursing, food banking, charity committees, fact finding in Palestine / Cuba / Venezuela, etc, etc.

All those things can be done while being an MP, but not being a lawyer, banker, company director, moustachioed evil villain preparing to take over the World, etc, etc.

Jonathan Ashworth, Labour's shadow secretary for health and social care, has sent his condolences to the family of the terrorist suicide bomber. 

What if it transpires later that his family conspired in the attack? were involved in the preparation in some way?

6 hours ago, alchresearch said:

One of the biggest shouters about second jobs was Angela Rayner.  I wonder if it was to get Starmer's second job on the radar and undermine him?

Of course, some people don't need second jobs when the donations flow in like this!

E159yBUWEAMpBe3.png

Will Angela Rayner get this money year on year?

The only reason I asked is because Boris Johnson got £702,000 in 2019 for the same purpose, though for the Conservative Party rather than the Labour Party.

Of this £702,000 Johnson received:

• £100,000 from Jonathan Moynihan, chair of a technology venture capital fund called Ipex Capital. Mr Moynihan was chair of the finance committee for the Vote Leave campaign in 2016, and a former director on the board of trustees at the Institute of Economic Affairs, a rightwing think-tank.
  • £20,000 from Anthony Bamford, the Eurosceptic chair of machinery manufacturer JCB,
  • £8,000 from JC Bamford Excavators. Mr Bamford, who gave Mr Johnson £10,000
  • £10,000 from Rosemary Said, a long-standing Tory donor who is wife of Wafic Said, the Syrian born entrepreneur.

You might also ask what favours those individuals wanted in return when they gave that money....

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The only reason I asked is because Boris Johnson got £702,000 in 2019 for the same purpose, though for the Conservative Party rather than the Labour Party.

• £100,000 from Jonathan Moynihan, chair of a technology venture capital fund called Ipex Capital. Mr Moynihan was chair of the finance committee for the Vote Leave campaign in 2016, and a former director on the board of trustees at the Institute of Economic Affairs, a rightwing think-tank.
  • £20,000 from Anthony Bamford, the Eurosceptic chair of machinery manufacturer JCB,
  • £10,000 from Rosemary Said, a long-standing Tory donor who is wife of Wafic Said, the Syrian born entrepreneur.

You might also ask what favours those individuals wanted in return when they gave that money....

Stop it mate . You know Labour are banging on the sleaze drum louder than ever , even when some of them have nothing to shout about 

16 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Stop it mate . You know Labour are banging on the sleaze drum louder than ever , even when some of them have nothing to shout about 

I was just pointing out that Angela Rayner received the money she did in 2020 for her campaign for the leadership role in the Labour Party. Just like Boris Johnson received the money he did for the leadership of his party.

I wasn't impugning sleaze on either candidate, just clarifying what they received that money for. I added the final sentence as the poster I was replying to also did the same.

Edited by Mister M

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I was just pointing out that Angela Rayner received the money she did in 2020 for her campaign for the leadership role in the Labour Party. Just like Boris Johnson received the money he did for the leadership of his party.

I wasn't impugning sleaze on either candidate, just clarifying what they received that money for. I added the final sentence as the poster I was replying to also did the same.

Ok , no problem

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Ok , no problem

Which of the two lists of figures has the more impact? 

Which of the two examples get 3 time as much as the other?

The power of the press.

13 hours ago, Mister M said:

13 hours ago, Mister M said:

Mate, all you are doing is highlighting that Johnson is a winner and Rayner is a loser. ;) 

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Mate, all you are doing is highlighting that Johnson is a winner and Rayner is a loser. ;) 

Good, then you Tories can feel satisfied with how the country is being run. 

44 minutes ago, Mister M said:

And Labour can feel satisfied in been so poor that the country has not wanted to give them a chance at running it since it voted in 1974 (given the majority of Sheffield forum posters views on the Blair years not been "real Labour"

If Boris takes the full 5 years to the election then it will be over 50 years since a "real" labour (as opposed to a Tory-lite) victory.

That tell you something about how good they are? 

1 hour ago, Flanker7 said:

Which of the two lists of figures has the more impact? 

Which of the two examples get 3 time as much as the other?

The power of the press.

Bit of jealousy on behalf of Angie? Should we have a level  playing  field when it comes to sleaze ?

Edited by hackey lad

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

The problem with elections is that they tell you who's satisfied with who. How's the Labour revival going after half a century?