The Labour Party - Part 2

Vaati

People who get personal with any further attacks in the thread will be suspended. As will any individuals using wording like Smarmer instead of Starmer etc.

Message added by Vaati

24 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

whilst not wanting to minimise  the abuse,  i  would bet the abuse she has received isn't a tenth of that received by Dianne Abbott

It's true that someone was jailed a few years ago for threatening to kill Diane and burn down her house, and that Angela obviously won't attract the thinly veiled racism, but she (Angela) does tick a couple of other boxes for that demographic - teenage mum, not particularly well educated.

I know I am going to be rounded on by posting this but has this all happened since the Labour Conference a few weeks ago 

1 hour ago, CaptainSwing said:

On bereavement leave, and also avoiding public appearances because of an increasing volume of abuse and death threats.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/27/man-held-on-suspicion-of-making-threats-against-angela-rayner

53 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

why do you deem it unpleasant?

Because its clearly an unpleasant thing to say.

Belittling problems of people you don't know isn't a very nice thing to do.

Why did you think that it was an OK thing to say?

13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I know I am going to be rounded on by posting this but has this all happened since the Labour Conference a few weeks ago 

Yes, I think the number of death threats has increased since then, though we all know that MPs have been getting this kind of thing for years.

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

Because its clearly an unpleasant thing to say.

Belittling problems of people you don't know isn't a very nice thing to do.

Why did you think that it was an OK thing to say?

Its clearly unpleasant in YOUR opinion......how exactly have i belittled problems of people i dont know?

did you not read the part where i said ....."whilst not wanting to minimise  the abuse"....

here read it again but a bit slower....."whilst not wanting to minimise  the abuse"....

i am really struggling to understand your logic on this...

Just now, banjodeano said:

Its clearly unpleasant in YOUR opinion......how exactly have i belittled problems of people i dont know?

did you not read the part where i said ....."whilst not wanting to minimise  the abuse"....

here read it again but a bit slower....."whilst not wanting to minimise  the abuse"....

i am really struggling to understand your logic on this...

You know those people who say "no offence but..."

And then go on to be offensive?

That's what you've just done.

1 minute ago, CaptainSwing said:

Yes, I think the number of death threats has increased since then, though we all know that MPs have been getting this kind of thing for years.

Thank you. It’s just the cynic in me that thinks since she said what she said, she had been put on the back burner 

I guess its just me, is it right to put a 23 year old student up for a very responsible job?

Would you vote in a 23 year old as your MP?

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/labour-choose-student-paramedic-23-as-north-yorkshire-police-commissioner-candidate-3434126?fbclid=IwAR3z9bKpQYX74zilLCj-gDMnt_obPlVaBQL6taWMO_WLjcLY8Lh3DJgCgOw

30 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I guess its just me, is it right to put a 23 year old student up for a very responsible job?

Would you vote in a 23 year old as your MP?

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/labour-choose-student-paramedic-23-as-north-yorkshire-police-commissioner-candidate-3434126?fbclid=IwAR3z9bKpQYX74zilLCj-gDMnt_obPlVaBQL6taWMO_WLjcLY8Lh3DJgCgOw

She’s not going to be an MP 

38 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

She’s not going to be an MP 

I was just using that as an example, because its a job with a similar ammount of responsibility and pay.

What is your answer?