The Labour Party - Part 2

19 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The loss of Corbyn is the loss of any real opposition to the rampant Conservatism  /Neoliberalism we have seen growing over the last 40 years, and the loss of any real democracy. The closet Tories in the Labour party are now in charge, and Labour may well be allowed to win the next election just for appearances sake, but rampant Capitalism will continue apace because nobody is prepared to stop it, or even try.

Occupy tried (remember them) or at least they tried to draw attention to it, but their message was drowned out by the media. If you rememberanything about them at all, it will be the fact that they occupied the space outside the Cathedral, not why they were there because we never got round to discussing that did we? Sound familiar?  

I remember another group protesting outside Sheffield cathedral.

349648.jpg

We got rid of those filthy racists too, mainly through allowing them to speak freely in this very forum, and letting them dig their own hole. Not much changes when it comes to filthy racists, they all self destruct sooner or later. 

Edited by Tony

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

349648.jpg

We got rid of those filthy racists too, mainly through allowing them to speak freely in this very forum, and letting them dig their own hole. Not much changes when it comes to filthy racists, they all self destruct sooner or later. 

Heh heh I love that photo

48 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Try doing some research.

You first.  Start with anti-semitism in the Labour party.  A report has just been published.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

57 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The loss of Corbyn is the loss of any real opposition to the rampant Conservatism  /Neoliberalism we have seen growing over the last 40 years, and the loss of any real democracy. The closet Tories in the Labour party are now in charge, and Labour may well be allowed to win the next election just for appearances sake, but rampant Capitalism will continue apace because nobody is prepared to stop it, or even try.

Occupy tried (remember them) or at least they tried to draw attention to it, but their message was drowned out by the media. If you rememberanything about them at all, it will be the fact that they occupied the space outside the Cathedral, not why they were there because we never got round to discussing that did we? Sound familiar?  

Corbyn tried. He rose on the tide of this, as a democratic alternative, and look what happened to him.The Unions have tried, but they too have been diminished to the point of obscurity by draconian measures and the loss of civil liberties put in place by Thatcher. Individuals have tried to inform people but are dismissed as conspiracy theorists peddling 'fake news.'.....

So now they have succeeded in stacking the deck, and there is nothing will stop them. All the power is in their hands.That won't worry most people at the moment, because most won't even know what Neoliberalism is, or what I'm talking about. 

But they will.

When mass unemployment hits, when the NHS is privatised even further, then dismantled altogether. When more and more people are homeless and living  on the streets, when only foodbanks stand between families and hunger/starvation, when old and disabled are left to fend for themselves, when anxiety and worry leads to a mental health crisis and growing suicide rates......,   maybe then people will wish they'd listened and done something when they still could.

Most of you will think this is an exageration and could never happen to  you. Try doing some research. Everyone of those things is happening right now thanks to Neoliberalism, and is set to get a whole lot worse and encompass more and more of you. Remember Capitalism is a system that has winners and losers. Rampant Capitalism has very few winners, but an enormous number of losers, and those who think they are 'safe'  are going to get an almighty shock. 

Who is going to fight for you?

If corbyn hadn't been in charge at the last election, I'd suggest Johnson wouldn't be in charge, or at least with much reduced majority.

57 minutes ago, Tony said:

349648.jpg

Nothing to do with occupy, but a nice swerve ball.

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

There probably are. Simply by the law of averages that is possible, but then that's also got to be true of the Tory party. 

And Corbyn did his best to root them out. He is no anti-semitic, far from it.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, your claim that Corbyn did try his best to root out anti-semitism within the party is true. The EHRC report shows that he failed in that task. Do you think it appropriate for the Labour Party to have a leader who is incapable of dealing with anti-semitism within the party?

22 minutes ago, altus said:

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, your claim that Corbyn did try his best to root out anti-semitism within the party is true. The EHRC report shows that he failed in that task. Do you think it appropriate for the Labour Party to have a leader who is incapable of dealing with anti-semitism within the party?

He was as capable as Starmer, but the anti-semitism claims will probably stop with Starmer, not because he is any more effective at rooting them out, but because the likes of people like Margaret Hodge and her journalist/editor daughter do not have a vendetta against Starmer, and will stop endlessly stirring it up.

He, (Starmer) is part of their club.  

Edited by Anna B

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

He was as capable as Starmer, but the anti-semitism claims will probably stop with Starmer, not because he is any more effective at rooting them out, but because the likes of people like Margaret Hodge and her journalist/editor daughter do not have a vendetta against Starmer, and will stop endlessly stirring it up.

He, (Starmer) is part of their club.  

Incredible.  

• Harassment, including the use of anti-Semitic tropes and suggesting that complaints of anti-Semitism were fake or smears

That's Margaret Hodge the (secular) Jewish MP and her journalist daughter you are referring to right?  

Who is it that some people often claim control the media Anna?  Jews isn't it?

Edited by Arnold_Lane

27 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Nothing to do with occupy, but a nice swerve ball.

Everything to do with Corbyn and his fellow racists though.

Let's face it, those racists aren't welcome in Labour any more. The door has closed, they will either self-destruct or drift off into whatever fetid pit of anti semitic darkness they inhabited before 2015. It's time for the nice decent people to move on and forget about this embarrassing and dangerous episode.

35 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Incredible.  

• Harassment, including the use of anti-Semitic tropes and suggesting that complaints of anti-Semitism were fake or smears

That's Margaret Hodge the (secular) Jewish MP and her journalist daughter you are referring to right?  

Who is it that some people often claim control the media Anna?  Jews isn't it?

Well Rupert Murdoch seems to think so, 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/nov/19/rupert-murdoch-jews-twitter

but I wouldn't know.

And as outraged Jewish multi millionaire Margaret Hodge has been instrumental in bringing the charges, I'd hardly say she was secular.

10 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Well Rupert Murdoch seems to think so, 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/nov/19/rupert-murdoch-jews-twitter

but I wouldn't know.

It's perfectly clear what point I was making.  I'm not sure what point you are making in response.  Is it the best you can do?

10 minutes ago, Anna B said:

And as outraged Jewish multi millionaire Margaret Hodge has been instrumental in bringing the charges, I'd hardly say she was secular.

This really isn't a great defence to the charge that Labour and some of it's supporters have a problem with anti-Semitism.

Edited by Arnold_Lane