Jump to content

The Labour Party - Part 2

Vaati

People who get personal with any further attacks in the thread will be suspended. As will any individuals using wording like Smarmer instead of Starmer etc.

Message added by Vaati

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So no MP can hold the PM to account for fear that someone will throw something from the expenses scandal back in their faces?

Well if that's the case were all screwed.

And I come back to the point that he is the Prime Minister, it is an infectious pandemic, and public trust in their leader is important in pandemic. He's repeatedly lied during a pandemic and as a consequence in her words "people have paid with their lives",  that needs pointing out.

Did I say it was?

MPs can hold each other to account, hence debate. But she can't fly off the handle as she did, accusing him of lying when she's not been honest herself. Which is why she was asked to leave. I'm sure she'll play the victim on twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by the rated 'best' comments in the Daily Mail, its readers are in a tailspin about this:

 

 

JLTEssex2013, Essex, 3 hours ago

She is on a par with Diane Abbot

if-I-was-a-rich-man, Londonistan, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago

Ban her entirely, she's a clone of Diane Abbott with the same mental capacity

Sangerbanger, Maidstone, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago

She should have been sacked for that race baiting last year

 

 

10 minutes ago, Delayed said:

MPs can hold each other to account, hence debate. But she can't fly off the handle as she did, accusing him of lying when she's not been honest herself. Which is why she was asked to leave. I'm sure she'll play the victim on twitter.

So because she claimed for a jacuzzi in 2009/2010  she cannot point out the discrepancies in what Johnson is saying during a pandemic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Judging by the rated 'best' comments in the Daily Mail, its readers are in a tailspin about this:

 

 

JLTEssex2013, Essex, 3 hours ago

She is on a par with Diane Abbot

if-I-was-a-rich-man, Londonistan, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago

Ban her entirely, she's a clone of Diane Abbott with the same mental capacity

Sangerbanger, Maidstone, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago

She should have been sacked for that race baiting last year

 

 

So because she claimed for a jacuzzi in 2009/2010  she cannot point out the discrepancies in what Johnson is saying during a pandemic?

 No, it's rather because she's taken from the public purse to pay for a jacuzzi which is not an expense, she then can't fly off that handle for Boris lying. 

 

It's called Double Standards....and yes...that would be the same for any MP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Judging by the rated 'best' comments in the Daily Mail, its readers are in a tailspin about this:

 

 

JLTEssex2013, Essex, 3 hours ago

She is on a par with Diane Abbot

if-I-was-a-rich-man, Londonistan, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago

Ban her entirely, she's a clone of Diane Abbott with the same mental capacity

Sangerbanger, Maidstone, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago

She should have been sacked for that race baiting last year

 

 

I might have a look at the Daily Heil’s comments section later, I bet they’ll be in a tangle over Yexley-Lennon aka Tommy the fascist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Really proud of Dawn Butler MP  for calling Johnson a "liar" in Parliament today. Yes she got ejected from the Commons for the day, but at least she wasn't found to have tried to influence a judge presiding over the trial of a former colleague for sexual assault. That would be Sir Roger Gale, Theresa Villiers and Natalie Elphicke – the then partner of Charlie Elphicke, who was given two years in prison after being found guilty of three counts of sexual assault.

It is one of the great ironies / paradoxes of the British Parliament, that an MP can lie through their teeth all the live long day, but another MP can't call the lying MP a liar without being ejected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cynic in me wonders why Butler brought this up now , one day from summer recess . Why not last week, last month ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Delayed said:

 No, it's rather because she's taken from the public purse to pay for a jacuzzi which is not an expense, she then can't fly off that handle for Boris lying. 

 

It's called Double Standards....and yes...that would be the same for any MP

MPs expenses and not being able to call out Johnson for lying are 2 separate things.

If Butler had told an untruth in the HoC that the link between serious disease and Covid had been separated, and then gone onto accuse Johnson of lying then yes that would be double standards. But she didn't.

 

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

The cynic in me wonders why Butler brought this up now , one day from summer recess . Why not last week, last month ?

Not sure what difference that would've made.

Edited by Mister M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

The cynic in me wonders why Butler brought this up now , one day from summer recess . Why not last week, last month ?

She might not have been invited to speak in that time. If memory serves you can't just stick your hand up on the day and have a go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Joker said:

It is one of the great ironies / paradoxes of the British Parliament, that an MP can lie through their teeth all the live long day, but another MP can't call the lying MP a liar without being ejected.

That could be understandable, because they could have made an error. But Johnson as been asked about his lies months ago and he has not corrected them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sir Keir Starmer has taken a minute or two out of his busy schedule of purging his New New Labour party of anybody with any leftwing sympathies to speak out in support of Dawn Butler.

 

No, he really did.

 

Yes, i couldn't believe it either.

 

Dawn Butler was right to call Boris Johnson a liar, says Keir Starmer

 

The Labour MP Dawn Butler was absolutely correct to call Boris Johnson a liar in the Commons, Keir Starmer has said, saying the prime minister was “the master of untruth and half-truths”.

 

Asked about the Brent Central MP’s remarks, Starmer told LBC: “I agree with what Dawn had to say. The prime minister is the master of untruth and half-truths. And Dawn was simply giving some examples of that.

 

“I think there’s a lot of people that feel that it’s the person who’s not telling the truth rather than the person who’s calling it out that ought to be on the hot spot, so I agree with Dawn on that.”

 

The Labour leader added: “But I do want, in fairness to the temporary Speaker, Judith Cummins, who was there – she did the right thing, she followed the rules, because parliament doesn’t allow you to call other parliamentarians liars in the chamber. So I don’t criticise the deputy speaker for what she did. But do I support Dawn in what she said? I absolutely do.”

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/26/dawn-butler-was-right-to-call-boris-johnson-a-liar-says-keir-starmer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yawn367 said:

I only voted because Jeremy Corbyn was leader. 
 

And that’s it, 

It OK and also understandable especially as you didnt go to school.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.