Jump to content

The Labour Party - Part 2

Vaati

People who get personal with any further attacks in the thread will be suspended. As will any individuals using wording like Smarmer instead of Starmer etc.

Message added by Vaati

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Not even in the job a week and she's following the Labour line - Palestine first.

 

And going on about local road safety and potholes, isn't that a council thing?
 

https://twitter.com/kimleadbeater/status/1412780998157295621

You don't have to pick through many local rags to find an MP pointing at a pothole. Even theresa May did it not long after she resigned.

 

Our MP likes to do a bit of litter picking once a year with schoolkids. Cheap PR and nobody will disagree with someone who wants less litter or less potholes.

 

Palestine though? It's a strange Labour fixation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

You don't have to pick through many local rags to find an MP pointing at a pothole. Even theresa May did it not long after she resigned.  Our MP likes to do a bit of litter picking once a year with schoolkids. Cheap PR and nobody will disagree with someone who wants less litter or less potholes.

 

Palestine though? It's a strange Labour fixation.

I find it strange, but I dont live in an area with a large population of Musims. I support the cause though, as a rough generalisation Tories generally support Isreal.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

And going on about local road safety and potholes, isn't that a council thing?

Government fund road repairs though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Not even in the job a week and she's following the Labour line - Palestine first.

 

And going on about local road safety and potholes, isn't that a council thing?
 

https://twitter.com/kimleadbeater/status/1412780998157295621

I think your post says more about you than it does the MP.

 

You're criticisng her for caring about international as well as local causes.

 

Exactly what is the issue with that?

 

It is possible to care about more than one issue at a time.

 

And getting MPs and local councillors' support on local issues is always good publicity, for both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I think your post says more about you than it does the MP.

 

You're criticisng her for caring about international as well as local causes.

 

Exactly what is the issue with that?

 

It is possible to care about more than one issue at a time.

 

And getting MPs and local councillors' support on local issues is always good publicity, for both sides.

Forget the genocide and concentrate on the potholes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Forget the genocide and concentrate on the potholes...

I'm utterly unsurprised the right-whingers on here are criticising Leadbetter MP for "not caring enough about local children living under the poverty line" when I'd argue 11 years of Tory rule is the reason so many local children in her constituency are under the poverty line.

 

Still, anything to deflect from the utter chaos that Camerloon, Theresa Mayhem and  Shagger Boris are responsible for, eh?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Joker said:

I'm utterly unsurprised the right-whingers on here are criticising Leadbetter MP for "not caring enough about local children living under the poverty line" when I'd argue 11 years of Tory rule is the reason so many local children in her constituency are under the poverty line.

 

Still, anything to deflect from the utter chaos that Camerloon, Theresa Mayhem and  Shagger Boris are responsible for, eh?

 

On the money with that post pal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

As a name for a scandal, maybe cal it 'Stansgate'?

Well the tax-free daily allowance of £323 would keep me in beer money & like all Lords, he could claim an additional travel allowance.  Clearly he doesn't share his father's ambition of abolition of the HoL? 

 

Or maybe he's like socialist firebrand, Lord Prescott & intending to cleverly & secretly work on dismantling the the HoL from the inside without us plebs realising? 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Tony Benn's son, Stephen Benn, takes a seat in the House of Lords, renounced by his father. 

 

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/tony-benns-son-takes-up-lords-seat-renounced-by-his-father-in-1960-1100978

It seems fair enough to me. I confess I'd never heard of Stephen Benn before this news.  At least his parents gave him a boy's name. He's never been a MP and obviously has no ambitions of being a MP otherwise unlike his father he wouldn't want to take up a seat in the House of Lords. Good news for the Labour party that they  will have another representative in the House of Lords.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/07/2021 at 11:43, tinfoilhat said:

You don't have to pick through many local rags to find an MP pointing at a pothole. Even theresa May did it not long after she resigned.

 

Our MP likes to do a bit of litter picking once a year with schoolkids. Cheap PR and nobody will disagree with someone who wants less litter or less potholes.

 

Palestine though? It's a strange Labour fixation.

The Labour Party seems more fixated on not upsetting Israel and is its cheerleaders within the party

On 13/07/2021 at 18:54, West 77 said:

It seems fair enough to me. I confess I'd never heard of Stephen Benn before this news.  At least his parents gave him a boy's name. He's never been a MP and obviously has no ambitions of being a MP otherwise unlike his father he wouldn't want to take up a seat in the House of Lords. Good news for the Labour party that they  will have another representative in the House of Lords.

I wouldn’t have thought it was good news for the membership seeing as most are against an unelected second chamber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.