The Labour Party - Part 2

21 minutes ago, melthebell said:

not sure what you wanted people to talk about? there wasnt much to talk about, it was quiet on the Labour front.

although now we have the by elections to talk about with a win by Labour.

My point was that no one wanted to talk about Labour, now we will have a  Labour love fest 

17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

My point was that no one wanted to talk about Labour, now we will have a  Labour love fest 

because strangely when theres not really anything to talk about people wont talk about them, when there is something to talk about, people will.

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

because strangely when theres not really anything to talk about people wont talk about them, when there is something to talk about, people will.

There’s been plenty to talk about but some avoided it 

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

There’s been plenty to talk about but some avoided it 

about what? theyve been mostly silent on most issues, apart from maybe pmqs.

In recent weeks theyve almost been invisible like the Lib dems.

There was only the fine questionaires to talk about but until there is results from them theres not really owt to talk about there either.

unless youve seen other stuff i havent.

now obviously theres a by election win....they are still by and large an impotent opposition though.

I dont think ive even seen much from them about the bus, rail and possible teacher strikes . whats their views on such things.

Edited by melthebell

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

I dont think ive even seen much from them about the bus, rail and possible teacher strikes . whats their views on such things.

Tricky one for Starmer.  Public support for the strike is all over the place so as usual he wants to fence sit and please all sides.

Can't blame him because if he swings one way he'll get loads of abuse from the other side.

Plus several Labour MPs get RMT donations. Five supportive Labour MPs received a total of £20,000 from the RMT in 2020

Edited by alchresearch
  • Thanks 1

Keir certainly is showing everyone he is the boss 😁

Guest sibon
On 24/06/2022 at 12:22, alchresearch said:

Tricky one for Starmer.  Public support for the strike is all over the place so as usual he wants to fence sit and please all sides.

Can't blame him because if he swings one way he'll get loads of abuse from the other side.

Plus several Labour MPs get RMT donations. Five supportive Labour MPs received a total of £20,000 from the RMT in 2020

Absolutely. 

The Telegraph are currently having a go at Rayner for not going on the picket lines. Guess what they would do if she did.

Labour are quietly generating some decent policies. The Windfall Tax was so good that Sunak stole it. They’ve announced a pretty sound Brexit policy this week.

I don’t see why they would do much more. Much better to sit back and watch the Tories tear themselves apart. Makes a nice change for it to be that way around.

From a none political stand point I’ve come to the following conclusions regarding the two main contenders.

a) Labour Party  supporters hate everything relating to the Conservative Party and spend their time in a negative home of hatred.

b) Conservative Party supporters ignore everything relating to the Labour Party as they are mostly of zero consequence.

• Like 2

On 26/06/2022 at 07:25, crookesey said:

From a none political stand point I’ve come to the following conclusions regarding the two main contenders.

a) Labour Party  supporters hate everything relating to the Conservative Party and spend their time in a negative home of hatred.

b) Conservative Party supporters ignore everything relating to the Labour Party as they are mostly of zero consequence.

Negative home of hatred! Talking of homes, there are more homeless and beggers in this country now than there has ever been due to the untrustworthy aristocratic Conservative Goverment, they are making this country a third world country, thats why they are hated by the vast majority of this country. :roll:

15 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Negative home of hatred! Talking of homes, there are more homeless and beggers in this country now than there has ever been due to the untrustworthy aristocratic Conservative Goverment, they are making this country a third world country, thats why they are hated by the vast majority of this country. :roll:

You make my point for me.

On 26/06/2022 at 07:25, crookesey said:

Really? Have a look at previous contributions to this thread, and especially part 1 of this thread - which IIRC covered Labour's time in Government.

I've made a point of pointing out the ignorance and silliness that emanates from government minister Nadine Dorries on the Conservative Party thread, simply to counter the voluminous amount of posts that were started about Diane Abbott, who wasn't even in Government.

The Labour Party's windfall tax wasn't ignored by the Conservative Party as they recent adopted the idea as a policy. 

Perhaps you've over looked Brexit and the incredible division that seeped from the Tory benches into wider society when Cameron couldn't deal with his eurosceptic backbenches (or "********" to use John Major's term). 

I'm not saying every Labour supporter is angelic & every Tory Party member is hateful as that would be daft. However if you read the press, which in terms of numbers, tends to be weighted toward Tories, as an example, you'll find incredible examples of 'the war on woke' - everyone seems to be fair game whether they're minorities or marginalised. When challenged 'oh you can't say this, you can't say that' when clearly they can because they just did! 

I think there are real world consequences to this scapegoating - look at the rhetoric relating to the hostile environment that was to be created for immigrants, and the scandal of how the Windrush generation were treated.

Fair enough, you'll find examples of Labour scapegoating when they were in Government. But to say what you said and then claim you're speaking from a "none political stand point" is a bit rich!

Edited by Mister M