The Labour Party - Part 2

33 minutes ago, West 77 said:

He was a member of the Tory party but left because he didn't support their policies regarding the EU at the time.

He did the same to the Kippers, and the loons at the Brexit Party too.

What's the latest scam that he's pulling on gullible folk?  I heard he did some fundraising for those people that run the lifeboats, but otherwise he's been uncharacteristicallty quiet since his boyfriend Trumpet left the Whitehouse.

20 minutes ago, West 77 said:

He left UKIP after the EU referendum result mainly because he believed the mission had been accomplished at the time.  However because of the activities of the rogue parliament helped by the rogue speaker he formed the Brexit party in order to ensure the result of the 2016 EU referendum was implemented. The success of the Brexit party in the European Parliament elections helped to bring about a change in the leadership of the Tory party.  The new leader of the Tory party pledged to get Brexit done. At the 2019 December general election the Brexit party didn't field candidates in constituencies that had sitting Tory MPs which helped to give the Tory party an eighty seat majority at the said general election enabling Brexit to get done.  Farage wasn't involved in any scams and is only guilty of being the UK's most successful politician who hasn't been a MP in the Westminster parliament.

Sounds like you’re his numero uno fan. Is it true he isn’t going to the GB News xmas party because the turkey will be Halal?

Edited by Mister Gee

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

Sounds like you’re his numero uno fan. Is it true he isn’t going to the GB News xmas party because the turkey will be Halal?

Dont  mention Turkey 

I appreciate that I’m considered to be some sort of weirdo by not thinking and talking politics every minute of every hour of every day, but there it is I have a life that doesn’t involve politics. You guys should try it sometime, it’s far more interesting than talking crap about folk that you don’t know.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

Perhaps your life would even more not involve politics, if you didn't read threads or contribute to threads that have the name of a political party in the title.

Everyone’s life involves politics, it’s totally unavoidable, please tell me where I advised that forumers should never read or discuss political threads, don’t let the truth get in the way of a smart answer now. 

On 13/12/2021 at 17:38, sheffbag said:

Andy Burnham -  Dont you have to be an MP to be leader of a political party?

16 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

No. See Sir Alec Douglas-Home and many 18th/19th century PMs too.

This isnt the 1700's. 

Douglas Home revoked his peerage and became an MP when he became leader of the Conservatives

But to clarify the point i made.

The Conservative Party constitution says that the leader of the party "shall be drawn from those elected to Parliament".

Clause VII of the Labour Rule Book also says its leader "shall be elected from among Commons members of the PLP [Parliamentary Labour Party)

Labour and Conservative leaders under the current constitutions have to be MP's . So to return to Anna's suggestion of Andy Burnham as a potential leader then my point still stands. He has to become an MP first. 

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

This isnt the 1700's. 

Douglas Home revoked his peerage and became an MP when he became leader of the Conservatives

But to clarify the point i made.

The Conservative Party constitution says that the leader of the party "shall be drawn from those elected to Parliament".

Clause VII of the Labour Rule Book also says its leader "shall be elected from among Commons members of the PLP [Parliamentary Labour Party)

Labour and Conservative leaders under the current constitutions have to be MP's . So to return to Anna's suggestion of Andy Burnham as a potential leader then my point still stands. He has to become an MP first. 

Easy Peasy. Parachute him into any safe Labour seat that becomes vacant. Happens all the time.

Edited by Anna B

17 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Easy Peasy. Parachute him into any safe Labour seat that becomes vacant. Happens all the time.

And if that happens then your comment would be possible but... he's not at present and he seems quite happy been mayor

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/being-mayor-not-mp-brings-20388448

To quote from it  when asked about going back to seeking re-election as mayor- "This is the job in politics I truly want. Why? Because, in a way I could never be in Westminster, this job brings out the real me.”

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

And if that happens then your comment would be possible but... he's not at present and he seems quite happy been mayor

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/being-mayor-not-mp-brings-20388448

To quote from it  when asked about going back to seeking re-election as mayor- "This is the job in politics I truly want. Why? Because, in a way I could never be in Westminster, this job brings out the real me.”

Just wait until he has a good chance of the top job, that will soon be forgotten 

29 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Apologies, I was just trying to help.  I must have misinterpreted your comments.

No probs, I just find the current Westminster brigade a trite boring, this applies to both sides off the floor.

23 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Just wait until he has a good chance of the top job, that will soon be forgotten 

Yep. Pretty sure when Boris was London mayor he said on numerous occasions he had no interest in being the PM.

Fancy him lying like that.  Good job he's never lied since!

Maybe he was distinguishing between 'uninterested' and 'disinterested'!

But what's that to do with the Labour Party?