The Labour Party - Part 2

17 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Stop it mate . You know Labour are banging on the sleaze drum louder than ever , even when some of them have nothing to shout about 

Yep.  If it was posted on the Tory thread there would be cries of "whataboutery".

The sad thing is all sides have their snouts in the trough.  Like the 19 Tories and 9 Labour here:

Almost £225,000 in wages and freebies taken from gambling industry by 28 MPs

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/15/almost-225000-in-wages-and-freebies-taken-from-gambling-industry-by-28-mps

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Yep.  If it was posted on the Tory thread there would be cries of "whataboutery".

The sad thing is all sides have their snouts in the trough.  Like the 19 Tories and 9 Labour here:

Almost £225,000 in wages and freebies taken from gambling industry by 28 MPs

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/15/almost-225000-in-wages-and-freebies-taken-from-gambling-industry-by-28-mps

Posts like that are why SF should have a like button. 

The only caveat I would make is that a Blackpool MP would be expected to be supporting the gaming industry, just as one representing Newmarket or Cheltenham might be. Otherwise, a spot on observation

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Posts like that are why SF should have a like button. 

The only caveat I would make is that a Blackpool MP would be expected to be supporting the gaming industry, just as one representing Newmarket or Cheltenham might be. Otherwise, a spot on observation

I think you are confusing "supporting" with "being supported by". You also fail to say that MPs should not need schmoozing in order to get them to do their jobs properly. 

Other than that, a spot on qualification to Alch's observation.

5 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

It's always baffled me why the left support Palestine and Palestinians so much.

its mentioned in the video ;)

On 16/11/2021 at 14:06, sibon said:

I think you are confusing "supporting" with "being supported by". You also fail to say that MPs should not need schmoozing in order to get them to do their jobs properly. 

Other than that, a spot on qualification to Alch's observation.

I suppose the difference is that I understand the real world and you seem to imagine one that never existed. 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I suppose the difference is that I understand the real world and you seem to imagine one that never existed. 

What a patronizing t**t.

Edited by Mister Gee

Guest sibon
48 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

What a patronizing t**t.

Haha.

That was my first thought.

My second was that it took him five days to think of his response. That's quite sad.

My third thought was to wonder why he's being so consistently rude these days.

I do hope he's alright.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

You appear to be arguing that some MPs are corrupt and we have to just accept that that is the way in the "real world" rather than put rules in place to stop them.

Guest sibon
8 hours ago, altus said:

You appear to be arguing that some MPs are corrupt and we have to just accept that that is the way in the "real world" rather than put rules in place to stop them.

He's consistently been arguing that corruption is just part of life and that we should tolerate it.

Obviously, only if it is to benefit selected elements of society 

Edited by sibon

13 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

What a patronizing t**t.

^^ observational comedy :) 

Correct! 

Will you be joining us in the real world soon or is that for a later date at your convenience? 

Edited by Tony