The Labour Party - Part 2

8 minutes ago, sibon said:

Well done again.

Now, what do you think happened between October 13 and yesterday? And why?

Educate me 

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Educate me 

I'm trying

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

I'm trying

Yes you are 😀 but carry on please

Well, if @sibon isn't going to tell me what I said about Vaz we might as well kick it off.

There are reports that Keith "Jim Washing Machine Repairman" Vaz might be standing as the Labour candidate to replace Claudia "Throw Acid In Your Face" Webbe in the impending by election.  https://www.politics.co.uk/news-in-brief/disgraced-mp-keith-vaz-allegedly-seeking-to-replace-claudia-webbe-as-leicester-east-mp/

I haven't noticed Starmer knocking the idea down yet even if is the worst plan since the German Army put Pickelhaube spikes on the inside. Has anyone else? What do you think?

Interesting points i got today in the car coming to work this morning with my superviser and boss about Labour, cant remember what sparked the conversation now mind LOL

they said (rightly or wrongly) that Labour only care about those on benefits / the poorer, and Corbyn was an idiot, and Labour dont care about the working "man" / class.

seems to me its people like this that Labour have to try and target, similar to what Dominic Cummings recently mentioned, that they should be focussing on peoples local issues rather than worldwide which doesnt really have a bearing on peoples everyday lives.

Edited by melthebell

16 hours ago, melthebell said:

Interesting points i got today in the car coming to work this morning with my superviser and boss about Labour, cant remember what sparked the conversation now mind LOL

they said (rightly or wrongly) that Labour only care about those on benefits / the poorer, and Corbyn was an idiot, and Labour dont care about the working "man" / class.

seems to me its people like this that Labour have to try and target, similar to what Dominic Cummings recently mentioned, that they should be focussing on peoples local issues rather than worldwide which doesnt really have a bearing on peoples everyday lives.

How do you target people like that when the Tory owned media are against you?

11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

TBH, I don't know what the answer is

38 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Why is everyone else to blame ? Are Labour blameless?

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Oh here we go with the old "Media bias" nonsense again.

Perhaps they should go and announce through some "Labour owned"  ones instead.....  or perhaps people should just wake up and realise that the media will take whatever side it deems fit to get the most attention and sell the most copies.  That loyalty and support to a particular side has continually flipped and flopped between  for decades.  

A quick look at the headlines over the past 48 hours and one could hardly say that the so called right wing controlled media have been fawning and gushing over Boris and the Tories have they??

Bias my backside. Another typical labour loser excuse.

Edited by ECCOnoob

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Perhaps they should go and announce through some "Labour owned"  ones instead.....  or perhaps people should just wake up and realise that the media will take whatever side it deems fit to get the most attention and sell the most copies.  That loyalty and support to a particular side has continually flipped and flopped between  for decades.  

A quick look at the headlines over the past 48 hours and one could hardly say that the so called right wing controlled media have been fawning and gushing over Boris and the Tories have they??

Bias my backside. Another typical labour loser excuse.

I remember in 1997 listening to the gaffer of The Sun being questioned about swapping allegiances from the Tories to Labour . He basically said that Labour were going to win and his paper wanted to be linked with winners 

4 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Most media owners and the reason for stories is always about money, that does not mean that they are in the pocket of the Tories.

But it does mean that they have a bias towards wealth. Someone who is a worker and union member will think about the issues that affect workers and unions.

I am a worker, union member and share holder. Many people these days own shares.

I would just like to say , I think Chris Bryant MP is a thoroughly nice and considerate bloke