The Labour Party - Part 2

Guest sibon
Just now, banjodeano said:

Its clearly unpleasant in YOUR opinion......how exactly have i belittled problems of people i dont know?

did you not read the part where i said ....."whilst not wanting to minimise  the abuse"....

here read it again but a bit slower....."whilst not wanting to minimise  the abuse"....

i am really struggling to understand your logic on this...

You know those people who say "no offence but..."

And then go on to be offensive?

That's what you've just done.

1 minute ago, CaptainSwing said:

Yes, I think the number of death threats has increased since then, though we all know that MPs have been getting this kind of thing for years.

Thank you. It’s just the cynic in me that thinks since she said what she said, she had been put on the back burner 

I guess its just me, is it right to put a 23 year old student up for a very responsible job?

Would you vote in a 23 year old as your MP?

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/labour-choose-student-paramedic-23-as-north-yorkshire-police-commissioner-candidate-3434126?fbclid=IwAR3z9bKpQYX74zilLCj-gDMnt_obPlVaBQL6taWMO_WLjcLY8Lh3DJgCgOw

30 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I guess its just me, is it right to put a 23 year old student up for a very responsible job?

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/labour-choose-student-paramedic-23-as-north-yorkshire-police-commissioner-candidate-3434126?fbclid=IwAR3z9bKpQYX74zilLCj-gDMnt_obPlVaBQL6taWMO_WLjcLY8Lh3DJgCgOw

She’s not going to be an MP 

38 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

She’s not going to be an MP 

I was just using that as an example, because its a job with a similar ammount of responsibility and pay.

What is your answer?

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Well lots voted for a 24 year old in Hyndburn, Lancs in 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Britcliffe

Guest sibon
8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It didn’t stop Labour putting in Nadia Whittome 

Tell us all about the intellectual colossus that is Willam Hague.

43 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Just a student or any 23 year old?

I guess there are other things to concider, but I see someone under 30 to be lacking in experience.

Just as a student doctor at the age of 23 would be lacking in skills.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

Tell us all about the intellectual colossus that is Willam Hague.

What is that to do with what I posted in reply to to op?

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I guess there are other things to concider, but I see someone under 30 to be lacking in experience.

Just as a student doctor at the age of 23 would be lacking in skills.

Seems to be quite an insulting attitude to have. For some people at the age of 30 they may already be 12+ plus years into their chosen career.

Some qualified graduates start their careers by 21/22 .  You may dismiss it as being junior or inexperienced but I hardly think anyone should be in a position to quibble when some junior doctor still in their 20s potentially saves lives, or some recently trained nurse helps the patient recover or some young looking spotty faced lawyer represents you successfully in court.  They are doing the job exactly as they are supposed to do  - so that's all that should matter.

I really don't see why young age should be some arbitrary barrier to politics either. Just because someone is older and so called wiser doesn't make them any better at doing their job. In fact looking at many aspects of a civil service it's the old fart institutionalised dinosaurs that cause a lot of the problems.

Edited by ECCOnoob