The Labour Party - Part 2

Just makes me wonder where is Angie Raynor ? She seems to have gone missing these last few weeks 

13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Ed Milliband standing in for Keir Starmer doing a grand job in Prime Ministers Questions today.

Are we watching a future leader of the Labour Party? And possibly Future Labour Prime Minister?

Looking and sounding good....

Exactly what I thought Anna.

Maybe he's the man to reunite the party. 

He looked very much the statesman, with the right credentials, informed and eloquent, with a just touch of the popularist. Very personable.

(Waits for backlash about stone monuments and bacon sandwiches, but at least we haven't had to see him strangling his manhood coming down a zipwire...)

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

Ed Milliband standing in for Keir Starmer doing a grand job in Prime Ministers Questions today.

Are we watching a future leader of the Labour Party? And possibly Future Labour Prime Minister?

Looking and sounding good....

I liked him when I saw him on TV a few months back, but I dont think its a good idea to let people think a leader coming back is a good idea.

Tony, maybe; Jeremy, definitely not  :)

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I liked him when I saw him on TV a few months back, but I dont think its a good idea to let people think a leader coming back is a good idea.

Tony, maybe; Jeremy, definitely not  :)

Tony Blair? You must be joking.... He's a war criminal for heaven's sake, and made a fortune out of it!

30 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

On bereavement leave, and also avoiding public appearances because of an increasing volume of abuse and death threats.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/27/man-held-on-suspicion-of-making-threats-against-angela-rayner

whilst not wanting to minimise  the abuse,  i  would bet the abuse she has received isn't a tenth of that received by Dianne Abbott

Guest sibon
10 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

whilst not wanting to minimise  the abuse,  i  would bet the abuse she has received isn't a tenth of that received by Dianne Abbott

What an odd and unpleasant thing to say.

10 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I bet Ms Abbott would say it's even more than that...

... maybe even as much as a twentieth! ;)

12 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I bet Ms Abbott would say it's even more than that...

... maybe even as much as a twentieth! ;)

Diane Abbott received almost half of all abusive tweets sent to female MPs before election, poll finds...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/diane-abbott-abuse-female-mps-trolling-racism-sexism-almost-half-total-amnesty-poll-a7931126.html

14 minutes ago, sibon said:

What an odd and unpleasant thing to say.

why do you deem it unpleasant?

I know I am going to be rounded on by posting this but has this all happened since the Labour Conference a few weeks ago 

1 hour ago, CaptainSwing said:

On bereavement leave, and also avoiding public appearances because of an increasing volume of abuse and death threats.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/27/man-held-on-suspicion-of-making-threats-against-angela-rayner

Guest sibon
53 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

why do you deem it unpleasant?

Because its clearly an unpleasant thing to say.

Belittling problems of people you don't know isn't a very nice thing to do.

Why did you think that it was an OK thing to say?

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

Because its clearly an unpleasant thing to say.

Belittling problems of people you don't know isn't a very nice thing to do.

Why did you think that it was an OK thing to say?

Its clearly unpleasant in YOUR opinion......how exactly have i belittled problems of people i dont know?

did you not read the part where i said ....."whilst not wanting to minimise  the abuse"....

here read it again but a bit slower....."whilst not wanting to minimise  the abuse"....

i am really struggling to understand your logic on this...