The Labour Party - Part 2

On 10/09/2021 at 12:37, alchresearch said:

Finally some good news for Labour:

YouGov poll puts Labour in lead as Tory support drops five points

https://labourlist.org/2021/09/yougov-poll-puts-labour-in-lead-as-tory-support-drops-five-points/

Not a lot of use unless/until there's any voting to be done, you know.

And opinion polls have been known to be wrong more often than right.

https://labourlist.org/2021/09/yougov-poll-puts-labour-in-lead-as-tory-support-drops-five-points/

So a weekly poll gives a result . Be back to normal scores next week and complete waste of time 

I'd have thought given the number of opinion polls that have got it totally wrong in the past few years, people would be wary of them & treat them with a bit of cynical caution? 

Of course, the only poll that counts is the one where we all get to cast our vote. Remember that one?  It's the one where the general public get to show the Labour Party what we really think about them. 

They really are annoying these General Elections aren't they?  Never mind,  stick to the joy that a YouGov poll brings. 

It's terrible news! When ever Labour have been ahead in the polls they have been trounced in general elections. 

On 15/09/2021 at 17:11, Tony said:

It's terrible news! When ever Labour have been ahead in the polls they have been trounced in general elections. 

Apart from when Blair was leader.

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

Apart from when Blair was leader.

Which, if you listen to many alleged Labour supporters and a not small number of their MPs and councillors, is even more terrible news. 

15 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It was a rather amusing performance from Angela Rayner at PMQ yesterday. She certainly has a better scriptwriter than Barrister Boy Starmer.  I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a class act using the slang word quid when referring to English pounds in the sacred Westminster Parliament.  However, she did manage to refrain from calling any of the MPs present "scum" and was a little less fisher wife than expected.

You should see her on Twitter, she's an embarrassment with the words she uses or what she posts.  Every other post she makes is about how someone should be sacked or resign. 

I can't wait until Labour are in power again (I just hope live that long!) and she inevitably screws up.  All those posts are going to bite her squarely in her behind.

Can't believe she was attacking him on the price of his holiday. Does no one else, including Labour MPs never go on holidays? I don't understand this line of attack. Is she saying that no one should be allowed expensive holidays if some can't afford them?

Ah well, at least she's got her £249 taxpayer-funded Airpods.

Edited by alchresearch

5 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

You should see her on Twitter, she's an embarrassment with the words she uses or what she posts.  Every other post she makes is about how someone should be sacked or resign. 

I can't wait until Labour are in power again (I just hope live that long!) and she inevitably screws up.  All those posts are going to bite her squarely in her behind.

Can't believe she was attacking him on the price of his holiday. Does no one else, including Labour MPs never go on holidays? I don't understand this line of attack. Is she saying that no one should be allowed expensive holidays if some can't afford them?

Ah well, at least she's got her £249 taxpayer-funded Airpods.

I'm surprised she survived Starmer's cull of the left.

But then he's going to need a convenient scapegoat at some point, so I expect she's going to come in handy. 

Normal service resumes

Conservatives gain 6 points support in a week and Labour get back in line

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/691qntqk1u/TheTimes_VI_Results_210916_W.pdf

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I'm surprised she survived Starmer's cull of the left.

But then he's going to need a convenient scapegoat at some point, so I expect she's going to come in handy. 

errr, you do know Starmer has no power to remove or appoint the deputy leader so there is no "survive" there 

Edited by sheffbag