The Labour Party - Part 2

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

A minute before you posted, I amended what my sausage fingers did.  You need to get faster Internet access.  Keep up. 

Excellent, can you now start amending what your sausage brain is doing?

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

The Labour Party have famous backers, so what? The cream of stage, screen, music and much else besides have declared their support for Labour over the years.

The Tories have famous backers like Tony Hadley (of Spandau Ballet fame); Katie Hopkins; Roy Chubby Brown and William Roache (who plays Ken Barlow).

Now that is funny :hihi:

No , what is funny that with all the cream of stage ,screen and music backing labour , they are still in opposition and are miles/years  away from forming a government .

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No , what is funny that with all the cream of stage ,screen and music backing labour , they are still in opposition and are miles/years  away from forming a government .

Ooh a bit prickly aren't we Hacks?

Well, I suppose you have to take your amusement where you can....I mean Jim Davidson barely raises a smile

Edited by Mister M

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Ooh a bit prickly aren't we Hacks?

Well, I suppose you have to take your amusement where you can....I mean Jim Davidson barely raises a smile

Not prickly at all but even you cannot argue with facts 

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not prickly at all but even you cannot argue with facts 

You've missed the point, I wasn't trying to argue with facts. 

I was merely pointing out in response to a jibe about Gary Neville, that the Tories support amongst singers, actors etc, seems to be from the, well, the 'end of the pier' shall we say.

On 01/08/2021 at 15:19, banjodeano said:

I do find it funny when all those Anti Corbyn haters who plotted his downfall and constantly told us that anyone but Corbyn would be 20 points ahead of the Tories, they are now  staggeringly quiet, i wish someone who ask Blair and his cronies why we are not 20 points ahead

I suspect that Starmer, being completely ineffective as Leader of the opposition, has taken on the role of being a useful idiot to the Tories.

But who's benefitting from this?  Certainly not the Labour party, or anybody on the political left.

Edited by The Joker

12 hours ago, The Joker said:

I suspect that Starmer, being completely ineffective as Leader of the opposition, has taken on the role of being a useful idiot to the Tories.

But who's benefitting from this?  Certainly not the Labour party, or anybody on the political left.

In 2017, 2 years before the 2019 general election Labour were polling 26%

If you now look at 2021 2 years before the next general election and Labour are polling at 33%

In 2017 in the space of 3 months Labours polling went from 26% to 40% so things can change very quickly.

All this negativity about Labour and Starter is stoked by the Tory media machine!

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/united-kingdom/

Labour still has a large number of Corbynistas, hell bent on bringing Starmer down, so he's having to fight three sides - the Tories, the Lib Dems and the old left of the party.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

In 2017, 2 years before the 2019 general election Labour were polling 26%

If you now look at 2021 2 years before the next general election and Labour are polling at 33%

In 2017 in the space of 3 months Labours polling went from 26% to 40% so things can change very quickly.

In the GE of 2017 Labour got 40% of the vote and in the GE of 2019 Labour got 32.2% of the vote so I agree that things can change very quickly but not necessarily in the way Labour supporters hope.

42 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Labour still has a large number of Corbynistas, hell bent on bringing Starmer down, so he's having to fight three sides - the Tories, the Lib Dems and the old left of the party.

The only thing bringing starmer down is starmer, he is clearly out of his depth, but it does beg the question of a 5th column within the party 

A key aide to Starmer warns of whats wrong and some ways to fix it?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/31/keir-starmers-aide-warns-labour-has-lost-touch-with-target-voters

According to one video ive seen today, apart from twitter and a very sparse youtube account they barely exist on social media to get their message out to the different  age ranges on the different platforms, which i said all along, the tories had a much better communications team and both got their message out and attacked labour at the same time on various platforms.

9 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Really?

I'm a proud Corbynista, but I'd still rather have the ineffective Starmer as PM than suffer another 4 years of Shagger Boris' smirking Worzel Gummidge impressions.

Unfortunately, Starmer's too busy fighting the Labour left to make any progress against the Evil Tories.