The Labour Party - Part 2

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Sounds rather strange that someone can get rehoused in 4 months in the London area due to overcrowding. Being rehoused for overcrowding takes years, although run down high rise flats are sometimes unwanted, but it doesnt seem like that.

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Well that's a stupid thing to do, isn't it?

It's hard for me to have sympathy for someonr as daft as her.

She should have known that if you want to screw over the housing system, you should donate to the Tories and enlist the services of Robert Jenrick.

This guy did that, and saved £40 million.

Like I said, no sympathy for her at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/30/call-for-inquiry-into-why-senior-tory-robert-jenrick-helped-donor-avoid-40m-tax

Really proud of Dawn Butler MP  for calling Johnson a "liar" in Parliament today. Yes she got ejected from the Commons for the day, but at least she wasn't found to have tried to influence a judge presiding over the trial of a former colleague for sexual assault. That would be Sir Roger Gale, Theresa Villiers and Natalie Elphicke – the then partner of Charlie Elphicke, who was given two years in prison after being found guilty of three counts of sexual assault.

Gale, Villiers and Elphicke were also suspended from the Commons for  day.

UK Covid: Labour MP ordered to leave Commons for saying Boris Johnson has lied ‘over and over again’ – as it happened | Politics | The Guardian

Edited by Mister M

16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Really proud of Dawn Butler MP  for calling Johnson a "liar" in Parliament today. Yes she got ejected from the Commons for the day, but at least she wasn't found to have tried to influence a judge presiding over the trial of a former colleague for sexual assault. That would be Sir Roger Gale, Theresa Villiers and Natalie Elphicke – the then partner of Charlie Elphicke, who was given two years in prison after being found guilty of three counts of sexual assault.

UK Covid: Labour MP ordered to leave Commons for saying Boris Johnson has lied ‘over and over again’ – as it happened | Politics | The Guardian

Ah yes Dawn Butler that has never lied during her political career.....

8 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Have you any examples? Particularly ones that have swayed elections. 

Just now, Delayed said:

So Dawn Butler is as bad as Boris Johnson. 

I don't know what lies Butler has told either in the HoC or otherwise, but I would've thought the fact that he's the Prime Minister who has repeatedly lied and eroded public trust during an infectious pandemic, might have helped you order whose official statements are important.

29 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Good stuff, Dennis Skinner will be proud as well.

Edited by Mister Gee

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

So Dawn Butler is as bad as Boris Johnson. 

I don't know what lies Butler has told either in the HoC or otherwise, but I would've thought the fact that he's the Prime Minister who has repeatedly lied and eroded public trust during an infectious pandemic, might have helped you order whose official statements are important.

So it's ok to lie to the public if you aren't the prime minister?

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

https://www.markpack.org.uk/8965/will-66000-expenses-claim-sink-dawn-butler/

Expenses scandal. Not election swaying but a lie is still a lie and she can't hold the moral high ground

So no MP can hold the PM to account for fear that someone will throw something from the expenses scandal back in their faces?

Well if that's the case were all screwed.

And I come back to the point that he is the Prime Minister, it is an infectious pandemic, and public trust in their leader is important in pandemic. He's repeatedly lied during a pandemic and as a consequence in her words "people have paid with their lives",  that needs pointing out.

10 minutes ago, Delayed said:

So it's ok to lie to the public if you aren't the prime minister?

Did I say it was?

9 minutes ago, Delayed said:

https://www.markpack.org.uk/8965/will-66000-expenses-claim-sink-dawn-butler/

Expenses scandal. Not election swaying but a lie is still a lie and she can't hold the moral high ground

An alley cat could hold the higher moral ground against Johnson, the bloke is a full weight wrong un.