The Labour Party - Part 2

The red flag no longer flys over Hartlepool.

It lays on the floor, tattered and trampled by the blue wave that is swamping the red wall.

This saddens me, we need an effective opposition. Labour are not that party any more.

Time for more infighting, finger pointing and excuses.

Is it time they had a new leader?

If so who?

Maybe they need a female leader, someone with more balls that the current leader.

See the Momentum lot are out in force (why they are getting any media coverage is beyond me considering they are just a bunch of rag tag members out to break up the Labour party)

"Former shadow home secretary Diane Abbott tweeted: "Crushing defeat for Labour in Hartlepool. Not possible to blame Jeremy Corbyn for this result. Labour won the seat twice under his leadership. Keir Starmer must think again about his strategy."

The left-wing Momentum group, which backed Mr Corbyn, said: "Starmer's strategy of isolating the left and replacing meaningful policy with empty buzzwords has comprehensively failed."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57019456

Really? Look at 2019. Labour went from 51% of the vote down to 37% and only retained the seat because the Brexit Party took Tory votes. If the Brexit party had stood down and supported the Tories then Labour would have lost Hartlepool then.

1 hour ago, convert said:

Is it time they had a new leader?

If so who?

Maybe they need a female leader, someone with more balls that the current leader.

I liked Stamer, but he's just not been a credible opposition leader, and he wanted more longer lockdowns.  We knew he's lose the Corbyn left supporters but he was supposed to woo back the centre right to make up for that.

The Corbynistas will never get behind him either (or anyone for that matter)  For me it needs to be someone like Alan Johnson, or some of the MPs Momentum chased out of the party.

People like to punish parties for their mistakes and leaders.  They had several years in opposition as punishment for Blair, Brown and Miliband.  Now they've got to take their five+ years for Corbyn.

The only way for Labour to move forward is to split.  Let Corbyn and Momentum form their own little party and see where it gets them.

Edited by alchresearch

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

I liked Stamer, but he's just not been a credible opposition leader, and he wanted more longer lockdowns.  We knew he's lose the Corbyn left supporters but he was supposed to woo back the centre right to make up for that.

Although some Scotish leaders seem good, there is not Labour MP that shines above the rest. Not sure who the Greens leader is these days, Ed Davey is bland, so maybe Starmer will do ok when we get nearer a real general election and their policies have been formed.

Do you have an alternative Labour Leader in mind?

I liked Stamer, but he's just not been a credible opposition leader, and he wanted more longer lockdowns. 

And yet we've had more longer lockdowns.

Had the government acted with a little more speed then possibly we would be in a different better place, and fewer deaths

We knew he's lose the Corbyn left supporters but he was supposed to woo back the centre right to make up for that.

Not sure there are many centre right voters in hartlepool. Perhaps we should wait and see how the rest of the elections go.

Amazing how Labour have been banging on a bout the curtains in no10 now it looks like it's curtains for Labour 😉 

But in all honesty it looks like unless your a far lefty then brand Labour is as toxic as the elephants foot que Britney spears 

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Do you have an alternative Labour Leader in mind?

Sadly not at this time.  I look at the shadow cabinet and nobody stands out.  They're going to need another caretaker leader for a while before one comes along to take them to power.

https://labour.org.uk/people/shadow-cabinet-2/

"Sheffield News and Discussion"

Guest makapaka
17 minutes ago, Consheff said:

Amazing how Labour have been banging on a bout the curtains in no10 now it looks like it's curtains for Labour 😉 

But in all honesty it looks like unless your a far lefty then brand Labour is as toxic as the elephants foot que Britney spears 

Are you asking or telling?

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

"Sheffield News and Discussion"

It's a discussion 

5 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Are you asking or telling?

Asking and giving my opinion 

Just now, Consheff said:

It's a discussion

About Sheffield?

Dummies are flying allover today 

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

About Sheffield?

Sheffield and the wider area looking at the BBC Labour are down 71 Council seats so far 

Edited by Consheff