The Labour Party - Part 2

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

A recent poll suggests that about half of Labour voters still wish the UK to rejoin the EU.

That just sums it up. The Referendum result was not to their liking, so they wish to repeat it until they obtain a more favourable outcome. As to policies, who knows? Hence it seems implausible that any Labour Party gains can be expected.

Meh, I'll be voting Labour in the local Elections on Thursday, always have done :D 

42 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

A recent poll suggests that about half of Labour voters still wish the UK to rejoin the EU.

That just sums it up. The Referendum result was not to their liking, so they wish to repeat it until they obtain a more favourable outcome.

Don't be so anti-democratic. Democracy in this country didn't end on 23th June 2016 any more than it ended on 5th June 1975. It's almost like you're worried Brexit isn't going to be a success and people might change their minds.

44 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Meh, I'll be voting Labour in the local Elections on Thursday, always have done :D 

Why?

21 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Why?

Mainly because I support the local Labour MP for Sheffield Central, Mr Paul Blomfield, I've sent him several emails since I moved down to S3, and he always responds :D 

OK - get you. Me,  I'm a floating  tacticalvoter, because I never believe a word a politician says, but if I don't vote, I can't complain

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

That just sums it up. The Referendum result was not to their liking, so they wish to repeat it until they obtain a more favourable outcome. As to policies, who knows? Hence it seems implausible that any Labour Party gains can be expected.

In 2016 63% of Labour voters voted remain, so some have accepted the result of the vote, for now, even though things are not going well.

The impact of the sleaze and jobs for mates is finally getting to voters, as the polls are showing more support for Labour.

Guest sibon
2 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Are people not allowed to hold political opinions any more?

I’d jump at the chance to rejoin the EU. I’ll vote for any party that offers to rejoin the EU.

You might have a different opinion, being a UKIP member, but you don’t get to tell me how to think.

Sorry but it's unlikely UKIP will ever get in, even the folk who actually want UK independence aren't daft enough to vote for them to give them enough seats in Parliament to be a credible threat to the main Parties.

Edited by Mr Allen
Removing stuff I doubt the Mods would've liked

UKIP don't need to "Get in". Their job/purpose/goal is done, acheived.

18 hours ago, sibon said:

Are people not allowed to hold political opinions any more?

I’d jump at the chance to rejoin the EU. I’ll vote for any party that offers to rejoin the EU.

You might have a different opinion, being a UKIP member, but you don’t get to tell me how to think.

No, I'm not a UKIP member.

Yes, people are allowed to hold to hold political opinions. Whoever claimed otherwise?

But nobody has yet propounded a positive reason for voting Labour as yet.

And rejoining the EU is not on offer by any Party, esp. as these elections are not for MPs!

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

No, I'm not a UKIP member.

Yes, people are allowed to hold to hold political opinions. Whoever claimed otherwise?

But nobody has yet propounded a positive reason for voting Labour as yet.

And rejoining the EU is not on offer by any Party, esp. as these elections are not for MPs!

You did stand for them in local elections though I seem to remember, Nether Edge wasn’t it?

On 02/05/2021 at 21:30, Mr Allen said:

Sorry but it's unlikely UKIP will ever get in, even the folk who actually want UK independence aren't daft enough to vote for them to give them enough seats in Parliament to be a credible threat to the main Parties.

UKIP ha hahahah

On 03/05/2021 at 11:49, Magneteer said:

UKIP don't need to "Get in". Their job/purpose/goal is done, acheived.

Tell us that when international finance and corporate elites aren't calling the shots