The Labour Party - Part 2

46 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

Are you implying that the EHRC is politically neutral?  How's that investigation into Tory Islamophobia coming along?

I’m asking you how the Labour Party dealt with the anti semites, whatever their source, under Corbyn.

You suggested that they might be £3 Tory entryists trying to discredit him. The EHRC are very critical of the way they were dealt with, or rather, not dealt with.

Shooting the messenger won’t work, by the way. It is much better to listen to the message.

16 hours ago, banjodeano said:

you will even probably get the Sun backing him like they did Tony Blair

And Harald Wilson in ‘66, ‘70 and ‘74.

This comment about Corbyn “fans” has just been raised on another thread. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/nov/26/bbc-defends-comics-bomb-glastonbury-joke-about-corbyn-fans

I’ve long wondered if the Corbynista mentality was more of a turn-off for voters than his personality and policies.

Something for them to chew over.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

8 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/nov/26/bbc-defends-comics-bomb-glastonbury-joke-about-corbyn-fans

I’ve long wondered if the Corbynista mentality was more of a turn-off for voters than his personality and policies.

It will also be interesting to see if Corbyn's fans treat it as a joke or are still bringing it up over a year from now like right wing people do at similar jokes aimed at their favourites.

36 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Useful deflection.

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Useful deflection.

From?

As I say; something to chew over.

I’ve heard it said, from some, that Labour was very close to winning in 2019.  How ironic if the Corbynistas deterred just enough voters that otherwise would have swung it for Labour and saved the UK from the Conservative Government they so despise.  And hilarious.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

17 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

From?

I’ve heard it said, from some, that Labour was very close to winning in 2019.  How ironic if the Corbynistas deterred just enough voters that otherwise would have swung it for Labour and saved the UK from the Conservative Government they so despise.  And hilarious.

Having knocked on a few doors for the GE I can attest to the fact that most voters were more concerned about Brexit than Corbyn. Here in Hallam, which we held, this proved decisive as there is a high percentage of voters who realised the Lib Dems were a lost cause and the Tories wanted to plunge us into a no-deal Brexit.

From discussion forums I frequent, activists in other seats which were previously Labour confirmed that it was Brexit "wot done it". The lies that were told in the 2016 Referendum were repeated by the Tories up and down the country and people subsequently voted for them in order to "Get Brexit Done".

18 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

From?

I’ve heard it said, from some, that Labour was very close to winning in 2019,  hilarious.

Corrected your sentence for you 

So much for uniting the party, it now appears that Starmer is now stifling free speech, no one is allowed to show solidarity with Corbyn, this is suddenly becoming a dictatorship,

TWO more senior Constituency Labour Party (CLP) officials have been suspended for making comments in support of Jeremy Corbyn and against the clampdown on freedom of speech within Labour.

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/b/chingford-and-woodford-green-clp-chairs-suspended?fbclid=IwAR3ci3KH-f2G0ZqMXckQefXXSDMWKiAVhsslZXL3f1zg4gZZ458cHxxIjos#.X8lJrrQDp-k.facebook

On 30/11/2020 at 09:59, sheffbag said:

Sheffbag isnt claming all publicity is good publicity. Sheffbag is challenging Anna's claim that Labour / Corbyn received no opportunity to present their cause / manifesto when the reality is that Labour MPs and representatives had more air time than any other party and JC made more appearances than any other MP or leader on TV. The fact that he failed to get his message across given that he had more opportunity to does not lie with the media, it lies with JC and the resto f the labour party. 

Does it not

No, it doesn't.

Labour coverage prior to the election: Blairites and known Labour enemies of Jeremy Corbyn were invited onto TV programmes such as Newsnight etc to speak, not supporters of Jeremy Corbyn's policies and certainly not Jeremy Corbyn himself. For example, they were forever reeling out bitter Liz Kendall and Yvette Cooper who both lost to Corbyn in the leadership election, and even Blair himself rubbishing Corbyn and his policies. So bad was it, that JC had to resort to Social media and old fashioned rallies all around the country (which incidently attracted thousands) to get his message across. These are now the mainstream 'fans' of Jeremy Corbyn, not hardcore 'Momentum'.

After the election is called, new rules come into play and both main parties are legally allowed equal air time on TV, and a say over who appears. This is where Jeremy began to make really serious headway in the 2017 snap election. But Labour had only 2 weeks to prepare and get the message out. But they still managed to gain 30 seats and much popularity for Corbyn and his message. It truly resonated with the public.

Tories learned the lessons and went into overdrive. The smearing of Corbyn was disgusting, relentless and continuous. The Tories began to claim Labour ideas as their own, and when the  2019 election was called they had a new 'charismatic' leader Boris Johnson up against a relentlessly reviled Jeremy Corbyn.

Once again when the election was called the rules on equal airtime came into play, (the press bias continued, smearing Corbyn with not even a pretence of fairness; austerity, homelessness, foodbanks etc were all ignored.) On TV Johnson and the Tories cleverly ignored their poor record completely and made it all about Brexit. Johnson knew the only TV interview that counted was up against supremely tough Andrew Neil, when he knew his lies, record and claims would be forensically examined and he would be held to account, unable to bluff his way out. So he refused to do the interview. The only time in history, as Andrew Neil pointed out, that a party leader had refused. But then he never did one serious interview, relying totally on the simplistic slogan 'Get Brexit Done' and 'I have an oven ready deal.' to get him through. Which unfortunately it did. 

So, a win built solely on lies and media bias.

The man is seriously useless. A figurehead with charm and charisma who avoids serious business like the plague and disappears or hides in fridges when the going gets tough, but then that's what happens when the electorate allows itself to be duped, and there is no accountability.

Edited by Anna B

Using "Morning Star" as a source?  Oh dear!

Shall we look at another source regarding what was said:

Chingford Labour meeting includes open attack on Starmer and claim antisemitism had been 'weaponised'

Chingford and Woodford Green CLP chair also accuses the current Labour leader of ‘collusion' with the Tory Party

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/deeply-unpleasant-chingford-labour-meeting-includes-open-attack-on-starmer-and-claim-antisemitism-had-been-weaponised-1.509240