The Labour Party - Part 2

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

1. Your opinion isn’t the only one that counts. You don’t get to “pull me up” about anything.

2. You usually only find things that are hidden if you bother to look properly for them.

3. https://labour.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/13434_20-Statistics-Report-No-Place-For-Antisemitism.pdf

I do get to pull you up, because you use the term institutional racism, that is completely wrong, the figures you show do not prove that, the party had a membership of over half a million, as much as you wish it to be true it isn't I'm afraid, you do realise how percentages work don't you?

Edited by banjodeano

10 hours ago, Anna B said:

Labour has lost more than 5,000 members since Corbyn was suspended. The last straw was Starmer threatening expulsion to anybody defending Corbyn.

So much for free speech...

Im sure Naz Shah would agree with free speech, just ask Sarah Champion

Wow, Labour loses 5000 members, so what. They were, as you and the rest of the JC fan club loved to point out, the biggest membership in Europe at the time of the election

Didnt help though did it...................still got demolished where it counts, at the polling booth. To quote everyones favourite mum at a party who's had a wee bit too much sherry  "Where are you, c'mon, where are you"

39 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

I do get to pull you up, because you use the term institutional racism, that is completely wrong, the figures you show do not prove that, the party had a membership of over half a million, as much as you wish it to be true it isn't I'm afraid, you do realise how percentages work don't you?

What do you think to the figures in that report.

Are you comfortable with them?

Can you see a trend?

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

What do you think to the figures in that report.

Are you comfortable with them?

Can you see a trend?

I think it totally ridicules your claim of wide spread institutionally racism within the party, 

22 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

I think it totally ridicules your claim of wide spread institutionally racism within the party, 

Why do you think that?

I saw a party beginning to tackle a serious issue. 

It is so institutionally racist that Jewish members of the party have started a campaign to get Corbyn reinstated.

He has a tremendous amount of support from several Jewish bodies and communities. 

26 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It is so institutionally racist that Jewish members of the party have started a campaign to get Corbyn reinstated.

He has a tremendous amount of support from several Jewish bodies and communities. 

Have you got a link for that?  Searching only brings this up for me:

Jewish Labour Movement condemns Corbyn's readmission

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/17/jewish-labour-movement-condemns-corbyn-readmission

4 hours ago, banjodeano said:

I do get to pull you up, because you use the term institutional racism, that is completely wrong, 

But is it?

Labour's institutional racism must be tackled before it destroys the party

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/07/labours-institutional-racism-must-be-tackled-it-destroys-party

Dawn Butler says watchdog likely to find Labour ‘guilty of institutional racism’

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/dawn-butler-says-watchdog-likely-to-find-labour-guilty-of-institutional-racism/

Edited by alchresearch

53 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Did you read the report though?  You do have a history of telling people to read reports but later admitting you haven’t read it fully yourself.  Need reminding?

Edited by Arnold_Lane

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

You do understand that “institutional “ and “widespread “ mean different things, don’t you? I don’t think I’ve ever said that this was widespread, it is certainly institutional.

149 members removed from the party in 2019. Take a look at the number of cases and the number of expulsions after Corbyn was dumped. Why are the numbers so different? Why are the processes more robust now?

If you aren’t part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

47 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It is so institutionally racist that it is required by law to produce an action plan to combat the racism. 

I’m ashamed of that, you should be too.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

You do understand that “institutional “ and “widespread “ mean different things, don’t you? I don’t think I’ve ever said that this was widespread, it is certainly institutional.

149 members removed from the party in 2019. Take a look at the number of cases and the number of expulsions after Corbyn was dumped. Why are the numbers so different? Why are the processes more robust now?

If you aren’t part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

It is so institutionally racist that it is required by law to produce an action plan to combat the racism. 

I’m ashamed of that, you should be too.

And you don't understand percentages...

Take for example if you were in a working man's club, and there were a couple of hundred people enjoying themselves, but there were two people at the back shouldn't racist abuse at the comedian, would you say the club was institutionally racist, ? Or there were two drunks in the pub?

Just now, banjodeano said:

And you don't understand percentages...

Take for example if you were in a working man's club, and there were a couple of hundred people enjoying themselves, but there were two people at the back shouldn't racist abuse at the comedian, would you say the club was institutionally racist, ? Or there were two drunks in the pub?

Depends if the pub throws them out.

Do the other patrons deny there was racist abuse or say it was exaggerated?

Do other patrons suggest the racists were sent by a rival brewery to stir up problems?